MINE-IMATOR IS MORE THAN MONSTER SCHOOL?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I really wouldn't say this accurately represents the best Mine-imator has to offer, to be honest.
Literally all you showed was excessive violence (seriously, that head-shot at 0:33 needs a gore warning, I imagine kids would be very put-off by that) and edgy Youtube-intro/REALITY-style fights.

Mine-imator is much, much more than this.

3 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

I really dislike the shots used to showcase the program.

Well, it's just my personal picks. I mentioned about it in the description.?

2 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

I really wouldn't say this accurately represents the best Mine-imator has to offer, to be honest.
Literally all you showed was excessive violence (seriously, that head-shot at 0:33 needs a gore warning, I imagine kids would be very put-off by that) and edgy Youtube-intro/REALITY-style fights.

Oh, i'm sorry about the gore. I just picked shots that I liked and found appealing and compiled them. Also, none of these were intro's. MGB's,some of it...?

And I totally agree that there is much more good content from Mine-imater out there. These are just my personal favourites.

3 hours ago, DragonPixel said:

I like the ider but I do think there was some stuff u missed and a lot of the stuff u used are pretty old and MI has had some major updates since a lot of the stuff you showed were made still pretty good ?

Once again, couldn't agree more that there was a lot more out there. These are just my personal favourites. Thank you for your comment.?

Shots you picked weren't horrible, I actually like the REALITY episode series; but if you look on the forums or other channels like PixelNitroz and/or skibbz, you'll be able to find other just as valid MI creations. Rigs, wallpapers, speedarts (9redwoods has some really cool speed arts actually, you should check his channel out) as well as other design tests. I do like your idea though

6 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

It's not about violence, it's about animation. If people really could made high-detail stuff with this simple tool, it shows that Mine-Imator is more than the small simple software it is.

Edited by CRAZYKOKEBROZ

I'd like to also point out, although most people do wallpapers these days, people like TheCollieStalks, Hozq, and Frost make excellent stuff. I'd say their animation and lighting totally exceed the animation/lighting in the clips you have.

12 hours ago, DuallyElemental said:

No, Mine said that there were better ways to represent it, not that the violence shots were generally bad

That is what I meant.

11 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

No, I didn't. I said there's a lot more to Mine-imator than just fighting animations.

True

As someone who's just lurked for almost a year, tends to forget things or misremember, Mineimator does kind of seem like a lot of F N A F creations and lots of 'tests' that may or may not be only a battle scene. Maybe it is what people like to create because they believe its the coolest thing ever to animate a battle or some random broken robot. If you wanted to show some of the community creations, there's a lot of cool creations and models people have made that don't necessarily revolve around whatever is popular. There's that one thread with all of those cool cars, and I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of amazing scenery stills and screenshot-like renders.What made Mineimator cool is that you could bring your actual world save files to life and make your character/skin move around and tell a story, if anyone were to make a video, it should reflect on that.

My neurons went ballistic when SKIBBZ's "Creepy Crawls" was displayed. That is an incredible animation to this day. Amazing choice!

However, I still agree with the aforementioned. Most of these clips aren't indicative of Mine-imator's capabilities.In the future, you should try to refrain from using the same title card too often. Use title cards to highlight a message rather than an interlude between thoughts.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:26 PM, Heavenira said:

My neurons went ballistic when SKIBBZ's "Creepy Crawls" was displayed. That is an incredible animation to this day. Amazing choice!

However, I still agree with the aforementioned. Most of these clips aren't indicative of Mine-imator's capabilities.In the future, you should try to refrain from using the same title card too often. Use title cards to highlight a message rather than an interlude between thoughts.

I agree with your criticism. I will improve on that in the future. Thank you ? 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, KrisFirebolt said:

As someone who's just lurked for almost a year, tends to forget things or misremember, Mineimator does kind of seem like a lot of F N A F creations and lots of 'tests' that may or may not be only a battle scene. Maybe it is what people like to create because they believe its the coolest thing ever to animate a battle or some random broken robot. If you wanted to show some of the community creations, there's a lot of cool creations and models people have made that don't necessarily revolve around whatever is popular. There's that one thread with all of those cool cars, and I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of amazing scenery stills and screenshot-like renders.What made Mineimator cool is that you could bring your actual world save files to life and make your character/skin move around and tell a story, if anyone were to make a video, it should reflect on that.

Once again, couldn't agree more, people have made amazing things in Mine-imator, had told stories that are amazing, extremely detailed models, very sophisticated rigs, the list could go on and on. And honestly, I am considering about making a video showcasing everything the Mine-imator community has offered in the future. People often look down upon this software, because of, you know what... This is an amazing software, and this is an amazing community of animators, modellers, riggers, and so much more.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:09 PM, 9redwoods said:

I'd like to also point out, although most people do wallpapers these days, people like TheCollieStalks, Hozq, and Frost make excellent stuff. I'd say their animation and lighting totally exceed the animation/lighting in the clips you have.

I haven't checked them out yet, i'm still new to this community, but thanks for mentioning them, I will check them out right now ?

Well... monster schools... haha...
I hate most of these kind of videos...

Yes, Mine-imator is no longer an infant software, it has matured well.

Mine-imator can do everything on it's own, you don't need after-effects anymore because it has built-in effects which was unavailable in the past.
It's based on the motivation level and skill level on who made it, which is possible to push it to the limit.

In the latest version, i do believe people can surpass SKIBBZ with the current mine-imator version, because really... before 1.0.0 release (more like build 5), SKIBBZ was the only one that i can see with stunning visual effects, because he has expertise in after effects already. It's the same effects that can be achieved in the current version of mine-imator.

It's all about motivation, the thing that is important not only for mine-imator, but for content creating in general like music production, animation, and others.