[Suggestion/Bug] A suggestion and 2 bugs for Modelbench

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

(If you want me to release the particles in the background of some of the screenshots, let me know)

So, my first suggestion is this: Animated Textures.

To put it short, you'd insert a spritesheet into the textures area, and then from there you could select it as a texture for a part and select "use as animated texture" and adjust the size and position of each frame of the texture similar to Keyframes

Additionally, I would like blocks with textures different to the part that they're parented to to maintain their texture. If you didn't understand what I mean, picture this:

You've got this model:Player_Cut_In_Half_Model.PNG

This is a model of a character who has been cut in half vertically, and you have a blood texture parented to the body, and another one parented to the head. These blood textures are not separate parts to the things they're parented to because you need the blood to bend with the character. If you next check "allow player skins" and go into Mineimator and import the model, you can import the model into Mineimator and use it and it works fine. But if you use a custom texture for the "player skin", you get this--what the fudge is this why is this texture not working oh gosh end this man's suffering

The_hell_is_this.PNG

Like - I didn't know my character's blood was about 50 copies of its own texture, gee golly!

Additionally, when you use a colour instead of a texture on a model for a block, it works fine the first time you import the model into MI, but fails at loading the colours when you load the project again.

This is before loading the project but after importing it into Mineimator:

Hoplite_Model_-_Before.PNG

But after loading the project again...
This is after--what the fudge happened to this dud's sword?

Hoplite_Model_After_what_the_fudge.PNGHoplite_Model_After_what_the_fudge_this_Hoplite_Model_After_what_the_fudge_why_i

And it's even worse with the Archer Model I created!

tis_even_worse_on_the_Archer.PNG

And from then on out, if I just wanted a single colour, I created a 1x1 Microsoft Paint document and filled the single pixel with that colour. This would be a nice bug to fix though, for the people who just couldn't be bothered to create a texture for something.