Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello, I've been using Mine-Imator since 2016 now, and have a decent amount of suggestions that I think the program could use.

More Shortcuts: By biggest problem with the program is that is just seems really slow, you need to move your mouse across the screen for everything. I know this sounds like a really dumb suggestion, and makes me seem lazy, but you wouldn't believe how easy it is to use blender when you have a shortcut for everything. Seriously it saves so much time. 

I know a lot of people aren't hotkey users, which is fine. But for people who use Mine-Imator and don't want an incredibly painful experience, we could really benefit from stuff like this.

When I say more shortcuts for things, I mean everything. Scale, rotate, bend, position, move camera directly to object, move in and out of camera view, I could go on all day. All of these would speed up the whole animating process a lot.

I agree. Many of the basic actions in MI don't have hotkeys, and some of the more complex ones could be much easier used with hotkeys. It would improve efficiency a ton when animating, and users who don't use many hotkeys should still have the normal buttons.

I agree, this would be great for the people who rely on Hotkeys for efficiency.

However, if this is added, make it optional so that people like me who can't (or don't want to) memorise a dozen different keybinds for actions can still use the clickable buttons we already have.
The first iteration of Modelbench 1.0 suffered from this.

14 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

However, if this is added, make it optional so that people like me who can't (or don't want to) memorise a dozen different keybinds for actions can still use the clickable buttons we already have.

We already have buttons, we just need the keys for them.

On 6/5/2020 at 2:19 AM, Frost said:

I agree. Many of the basic actions in MI don't have hotkeys, and some of the more complex ones could be much easier used with hotkeys. It would improve efficiency a ton when animating, and users who don't use many hotkeys should still have the normal buttons.

You said that many of basic actions don't have hotkeys. It was wrong enough. 

In computer, basic actions are save, open, undo, redo, close, and save as. They already have their own keys. Are you joking or do you don't know the specific definitions of basic actions? Did you mean basic kinematic actions? 

On 6/5/2020 at 9:10 AM, __Mine__ said:

I caught what did you think about. Some people is just lazy of remembering most of keybinds. The easiest way to make sure of they be able to remember is forcing them even though it was extreme enough to applied. 

There was many suggestions with system tool of Mine-imator like the timeline UI and tools buttons. I think we just need to make a UI change. 

On 6/8/2020 at 5:15 AM, Glowing Quartz said:

You said that many of basic actions don't have hotkeys. It was wrong enough. 

In computer, basic actions are save, open, undo, redo, close, and save as. They already have their own keys. Are you joking or do you don't know the specific definitions of basic actions?

alright tell me how to enable animation looping, how to quickly open up settings and how to resize an object with keybinds

you really think that "basic" only means undoing and stuff in this context or not?

Edited by Cubic Ralsei