What if Rotation point makes animating easier?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was thinking about if we wanted to to make a character rotate

On random points (like one single leg ext...)

We'll need to make a folder inside a folder and this is annoying

Isnt it a good idea if we became able to change the rotationpoint in keyframs? A setting of rotationpoint so we can deplace it

And i thought about another way , makes a part's rotationpoint as the whole model's

Example we selected a leg , we'll be able to rotate it only

What if we've done something like shift+ click after selecting

And the leg point becomes all the body's

But not always , cz we can do it with all parts , head , arm ext..

Hard to code or maybe impossible i know that....

But just sharing my crazy ideas

Edited by WECLEY
Forgot tags

Animatable origin points can be easily coded in i think but i'm sure the result isn't the effect you're expecting. Animating origin points doesn't exactly move the origin point itself, but rather the entire model while the point of transformation stays in place. This is because the origin point is how far away the model is from the center of the map (or the "coordinates" if you will). It just wouldn't make sense to change the origin point while animating as it would change the point of transformation for the entirety of the animation. It would sort of make sense to keyframe it but it wouldn't help as much and it's far less efficient than just making a folder. Even if you still want that, its not any different from animating a character in a folder ( using the character's full body transformation as the origin point offset).

Edited by Mafa Animations

3 hours ago, DuallyElemental said:

Wait isnt there a rotation point feature in the program already though? I used it all the time with like swords and stuff when I animated (or at least tried to)

Yes there is but you can change it one time , i asked about ability to be changed while animation going

4 hours ago, Mafa Animations said:

Animatable origin points can be easily coded in i think but i'm sure the result isn't the effect you're expecting. Animating origin points doesn't exactly move the origin point itself, but rather the entire model while the point of transformation stays in place. This is because the origin point is how far away the model is from the center of the map (or the "coordinates" if you will). It just wouldn't make sense to change the origin point while animating as it would change the point of transformation for the entirety of the animation. It would sort of make sense to keyframe it but it wouldn't help as much and it's far less efficient than just making a folder. Even if you still want that, its not any different from animating a character in a folder ( using the character's full body transformation as the origin point offset).

That's a good point , i forgot that folders arr much better than tht , cz of the 2 animation directing or what ever should we call it..

14 hours ago, WECLEY said:

Yes there is but you can change it one time , i asked about ability to be changed while animation going

ohhh I see what you mean. Yeah, that'd be pretty useful, but it might be too difficult to code rn since Nimi has other big plans

As it stands, I have to use folders method to attempt to do any sort of smooth curve within a trajectory, like a car turning in a curve smoothly. As you go on, more folders and folders are needed, constantly moving stuff around to re-adjust manually the positions. A nice one way ticket to insanity. I wish there was a better way.

Edited by moniker