A Girl Walking In The Countryside - Wallpaper

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

This doesnt look too bad, could be better though. Maybe lay back on the bloom a bit and the posing could be improved because Im not sure it looks like she's walking. I would give advice on lighting but Ill leave that to someone who knows what they're talking about.

20 hours ago, Ethaniel said:

This doesnt look too bad, could be better though. Maybe lay back on the bloom a bit and the posing could be improved because Im not sure it looks like she's walking. I would give advice on lighting but Ill leave that to someone who knows what they're talking about.

I think it looks good. I hate when literaly everyone complains about good things I made, and no one complains about bad things I made. Why do everyone says "bad lighting"? This is not a masterpiece! This doesn' belong to a museum! Like it, or not, but is not objective and depends on your taste! 

Please don't quote.

20 hours ago, RaceG YT said:

Why do everyone says "bad lighting"? This is not a masterpiece! This doesn' belong to a museum! Like it, or not, but is not objective and depends on your taste!

Okay, I have some problems with your response.

I first want to make this clear: You will always receive criticism on your work. It's bound to happen whether you ask or not. With this mindset, you should be mentally ready for feedback on your work. Don't get me wrong here, it's 100% your choice to take in the feedback you receive and learn/practice from it. I've seen too many people say something similar to "I didn't ask for criticism!" It's just the wrong mindset to have when posting your work online. Sure, there are places with lower expectations than others, but this is the forums, where almost everybody uses Mine-imator regularly. 

Second, I feel that "this doesn't belong in a museum" or "it's not supposed to be amazing" are not the correct responses to criticism. We (and especially you) should all be out to help you improve. Nobody has to respond, but those willing to offer feedback want to see you advance. Typing with a witty, undeveloped response is more-or-less a slap in the face for those who spent time trying to help you improve the quality of your creation. 

Third, sure, there's obviously opinion when it comes to stuff like lighting. You're not wrong when you say everyone has different tastes. This, however, doesn't mean you can't physically improve the quality of the lighting. Everyone says "Bad lighting" because to most people, the lighting in your render is "bad." Skill ≠ taste. I find too many people defending their creation from any criticism by simply saying, "It's my style," or "I like it this way." I find this aggravating, since most of the time, they just want to stay inside their comfort zone. They might just not want to listen to others' opinions when it comes to their creations, but I simply find it immature. Why not try something new to hopefully improve your skill? 

I hope you take some of this to heart, and I hope you enjoyed my TED Talk. 

Ok, RaceG, here's this:

I have continually looked over all the replies everyone said and you were a bit 'overreacting'. When I was a newbie, I hated constructive criticism, but later on, it helped me IMPROVE. You should do the same. Also, your behavior earlier made everyone disrespect you a bit more, so I suggest you act professional and let the users help you. Bad lighting, they say, but don't take it so personally. Instead, look for tutorials or ask the users around here to learn better lighting. Everyone had been there, my man, and moved on into the better themselves.

Hope to see you improve in the future ;)

Edited by Mercury