vinnyg0621

Limited reactions a day - we don't need this.

6 minutes ago, vinnyg0621 said:

Then I'm just gonna quit the Mine imator forums. I'll just use something else

That seems like a very silly reason to quit, to be honest.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:41 PM, crustyjpeg said:

To prevent abuse (going through someone's entire profile and up/downvoting everything) and to make you value your upvotes and downvotes more, as you only have so many per day.

I've been here for a while, this is accurate. If there were no limit, you could technically upvote all of the things you really like instead of having to conserve or bookmark topics to upvote later. However, there are lots of people here who would be eager to downvote almost anything in sessions over a grudge or because they got upset, and its dumb really. I agree with the value part as well, it does make every upvote feel a bit more special since anyone can only do so many per day. Perhaps in the long run it did do more good to help inspire users to create, rather than people feel like they're being held back from showing appreciation with a like button.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:05 AM, moons said:

It also helps prevent spam

Also a bit true since I'm pretty sure every upvote and reply to a post does create a notification, and seeing a constant flow of notifications from one user may seem distracting or off putting.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:34 PM, vinnyg0621 said:

Hey guys. Right now I'm wondering why we only can use limited reactions a day... Why isn't there an unlimited number of reactions we can use a day? We don't need this!

Please don't downvote, downvoting this is NOT deserved

If there was a 'Hmm...' Steve emoji reaction button, I would press it.

GHjPNGJ.png