Importing 3D models has the potential to be realized

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

As you can see, Mine-imator was created as a game maker.

Yes. Gamemakers can import OBJs.
But I was told that this is going through a UV problem.

However, this problem can be solved by contacting other developers.

If that doesn't work, make a temporary release with a version without UV.

In the meantime, please solve the UV problem.

These people will be of great help.

1 hour ago, 백과 book said:

However, this problem can be solved by contacting other developers.

We only have 1 developer. That's Nimi. David no longer works on MI.

I can't tell you how many times this was requested. There is a difference between loading 3D models into gamemaker itself and importing 3D models into a software made with gamemaker. If this was possible, Nimi would have added it.

6 hours ago, MojangYang said:

We only have 1 developer. That's Nimi. David no longer works on MI.

I can't tell you how many times this was requested. There is a difference between loading 3D models into gamemaker itself and importing 3D models into a software made with gamemaker. If this was possible, Nimi would have added it.

Have you ever taken a look at an .OBJ file? They are RIDICULOUSLY simple. How is this not "possible"?

27 minutes ago, Heavenira said:

Have you ever taken a look at an .OBJ file? They are RIDICULOUSLY simple. How is this not "possible"?

Pretty sure you've already been told that it's harder than you keep making it out to be.

If you think it's so easy, why not actually tell Nimi how you'd go about doing it, instead of constantly going on about how apparently "simple" it would be to implement.

Edited by __Mine__

42 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

Pretty sure you've already been told that it's harder than you keep making it out to be.

If you think it's so easy, why not actually tell Nimi how you'd go about doing it, instead of constantly going on about how apparently "simple" it would be to implement.

39 minutes ago, Ian_The_One said:

it is possible its just extremely hard to implement it in a 2d engine with proper uv mapping.

You have a bunch of vertices (X,Y,Z) and you have a bunch of indices (n1,n2,n3...etc). You index "n"th (X,Y,Z) coordinate for each corner of each face. Project.

• Mine-imator can read and import files. 
  • Mine-imator can project 3D into 2D. 
  • Mine-imator can fill polygons; even those that are extending behind or into the camera. 

Tell me if I am missing something. UVs are something I can look into as well, if you insist.

11 minutes ago, Heavenira said:

You have a bunch of vertices (X,Y,Z) and you have a bunch of indices (n1,n2,n3...etc). You index "n"th (X,Y,Z) coordinate for each corner of each face. Project.

• Mine-imator can read and import files. 
  • Mine-imator can project 3D into 2D. 
  • Mine-imator can fill polygons; even those that are extending behind or into the camera. 

Tell me if I am missing something. UVs are something I can look into as well, if you insist.

thing is why would you import .obj files into MI?

the whole point of MI is that its simple, if you want to mess with .obj files and such use blender.

there is no point of importing high poly models into a Minecraft animation software, also you can use .json files if you want do import some "high poly" models.

Nimi has already enough stuff to do as one developer alone.

19 minutes ago, Ian_The_One said:

the whole point of MI is that its simple, if you want to mess with .obj files and such use blender.

there is no point of importing high poly models into a Minecraft animation software, also you can use .json files if you want do import some "high poly" models.

@Nimi hasn't stated why .OBJs are implausible. Instead, people are so incessant that, "It's GameMaker! It's 2D! It's Minecraft!" You are RIGHT that Nimi's plate is full right now.

But I am PERPLEXED, why are .OBJs so far off everyone's agendas?? I'm not getting any answers here that addresses the issue straight up (limitation-wise).

Edited by Heavenira

4 minutes ago, Heavenira said:

@Nimi hasn't stated why .OBJs are implausible. Instead, people are so incessant that, "It's GameMaker! It's 2D! It's Minecraft!" You are RIGHT that Nimi's plate is full right now.

But I am PERPLEXED, why are .OBJs so far off everyone's agendas?? I'm not getting any answers here that addresses the issue straight up (limitation-wise).

5835f951ab5d1e6ed086184f19fa3a3c.png

6 minutes ago, Heavenira said:

Ngl, you're starting to act a little bit like moniker.

Nimi has an absolute ton of work on his plate right now. Also bear in mind he doesn't even get paid for this, either. It's all free.

Edited by __Mine__

2 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

Yes.

It can be difficult to implement.

but There are many 'game maker' developers on this planet.

2 hours ago, Ian_The_One said:

it is possible its just extremely hard to implement it in a 2d engine with proper uv mapping.

no. Gamemaker Studio 2 has a 3D engine.

2 hours ago, Ian_The_One said:

Of course, I am not hoping for much from the game-maker. But I believe that implementation is possible.

1 hour ago, Ian_The_One said:

thing is why would you import .obj files into MI?

ok.

In the case of json, it must be made of voxel.

In fact, this is the main reason.

And you know that the reason we use Mine-imator is easier and simpler than other animation programs.

However, when loading a model, there is a limitation in loading a model because of the disadvantage that it must be expressed in voxels.\

The voxel has low quality and practicality in different models.

Of course, Nimi is doing a good job as a developer.