For Mineimator Developers: tips

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey developers! for the next version of Mineimator i have some tips for you:

1) when you are rendering in real time, make that the shadows/SSAO/other rendering stuff updates not every frame, but every N frames, and this can be changed in the options.

2) allow to import .obj or .stl objects im Mine-imator

3) make that if you are far for example from a sphere, it will not be detailed.

I hope these tips are useful!

1) If you don't want shadows, SSAO and others rendering stuff when you're in rendering mode, then don't go in rendering mode? this mode is used to see how the animation will look like when exported. Also, wouldn't updating this every N frames will make the preview looks atrocious? because if the shadows and SSAO are rendered on one frame but stay at the exact same spot on the next frame, then you would have floating shadows and SSAO, which would just be horrible to look at.

2) It's impossible. From what I understood, Mine-Imator doesn't allow polygons and the UV isn't the same as .obj UV's

3) I think if you're far enough from an object, it won't be drawn, but I'm not sure.

16 hours ago, Ghatos said:

1) If you don't want shadows, SSAO and others rendering stuff when you're in rendering mode, then don't go in rendering mode? this mode is used to see how the animation will look like when exported. Also, wouldn't updating this every N frames will make the preview looks atrocious? because if the shadows and SSAO are rendered on one frame but stay at the exact same spot on the next frame, then you would have floating shadows and SSAO, which would just be horrible to look at.

2) It's impossible. From what I understood, Mine-Imator doesn't allow polygons and the UV isn't the same as .obj UV's

3) I think if you're far enough from an object, it won't be drawn, but I'm not sure.

I want shadows, but it is useless to re-render every frame the shadow of a STATIC object: for example, in most video-games, shadows of static objects are pre-computed shadows. This increases hugely performances for real-time rendering, without making shadows invisible.

also UE uses pre-computed lights> https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/ShadowingReference.html