Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

2 hours ago, BLOXAR said:

how did you make the exsplosions?

1 hour ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

alot of glowing transparent cubes

basicly just edited the existing explosions using the particle editor

Edited by EnderFrameStudios TM

5 hours ago, ziyadkhalq said:

why does this look like it was made with mine-imator 0.1 ? Shadows are non-existing, and there's basically no lighting .

sorry, its hard to get the lighting right in outer space.

plus if i didn't turn up the brightness everything would be pitch black

resident spaceship wallpaper maker here

i do like what's going on here, i do enjoy that you don't have a main "focus" in your wallpaper and instead show how chaotic the space battle is. as other people have stated above, space is usually very dark so you're going to want to turn down that ambient/night color. if you can, make use of light sources (such as from a sun or from explosions) and rim lighting to highlight the silhouette of ships even if you can't see them very well

if you prefer, make the laser bolts white and set their glow color to a very washed-out hue. that will make the beam look more like a lightsaber and appear a lot more powerful

try to figure out how to make thruster trails. there are multiple ways of going about this; you can check my profile for examples

additionally, you might need to increase your ambient occlusion. normally this isn't desirable in scenes with a close subject, but since your camera is positioned far away from the battle the effect of the AO will decrease. set it so you can see the outline of edges on the individual ships

not bad