Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, y'all don't really know me too well, but I'm actually learning 3 languages at the moment. I love language, and I've spent the past few months trying to figure out how to incorporate this into my wallpapers and animations. Now, I've finally decided to go with it and start incorporating ASL into my Mine Imator projects.
   This is my first public test animation. I understand that the lighting is a bit bland, but as always, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.
(Note: I cannot upload to Youtube, so a friend suggested streamable!)

https://streamable.com/ge4cob

And here are the wings I've added to my rig, heavily inspired by the Wings mod. Textures originally came from the mod, but I changed them for my character idea.

klyyhha.png

wB9Ry8q.png

Edited by IraelianEnergy

2 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

what's the relation with wings and language?

The only relation is the rig used. I should have specified, but I updated my character model a bit! I know some friends that would have asked about them.

Edited by IraelianEnergy

You could do what they did in the anime "Gangsta", where the main character is deaf and therefore talks in either jumbled spoken language or sign language. It's pretty interesting to see how the other characters interact with the main character with this language barrier, you can try doing a similiar thing if you're planning on making a series or any story-driven animation.

(the anime has some suggestive themes though so i might wanna slap a 13+ disclaimer here as to not get banned)

14 hours ago, Shane said:

You could do what they did in the anime "Gangsta", where the main character is deaf and therefore talks in either jumbled spoken language or sign language. It's pretty interesting to see how the other characters interact with the main character with this language barrier, you can try doing a similiar thing if you're planning on making a series or any story-driven animation.

(the anime has some suggestive themes though so i might wanna slap a 13+ disclaimer here as to not get banned)

I'd never heard of the anime, but I may have to look into it. My character isn't completely deaf, but she does have something where she'll go deaf for a few hours or days of a noise is too loud for her, so interactions during that time will definitely be interesting.