Add a search bar to the timeline

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Timeline Search Bar?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be a good idea

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Rabbitman said:

The timeline is a great tool for organization and keyframes, but sometimes it can get a bit cluttered (especially with large projects). Therefore a search bar for the timeline would come in handy.

How, exactly, do you search for a keyframe? It’s not a word.

On 4/7/2020 at 5:38 AM, Ghatos said:

I think he meant searching the objects here:

unknown.png

This is another obvious thing that is missing on Mineimator. Markers as well, and this as well:

https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/80242-we-still-need-a-sticky-object-on-the-timeline/

Adding these 3 things would improve the work flow a lot.

I just added some rig and I don't know where the hell I mistakingly parented it, it's an huge project and now im scrolling up and down like an idiot because this program doesn't have a way to search on the timeline.

Edited by moniker

On 4/7/2020 at 6:03 PM, Private Cole Man said:

I think a better solution is to learn to use folders more efficiently. Idk, just my opinion.

If you use folder to manage most of big object it was useful because we only need to move this folder to move most of them. This could be effective only on a very simple objects which didn't contains something inside them. 

If you uses this method while you animating the characters, this will makes everything harder because the timeline will be more complex and have more hierarchy. When an object which parented to another object selected, the parent will opens and expose all its child hierarchy. This is why it is better to not always group every object. 

On 4/6/2020 at 4:28 PM, Rabbitman said:

The timeline is a great tool for organization and keyframes, but sometimes it can get a bit cluttered (especially with large projects). Therefore a search bar for the timeline would come in handy.

Well, I (and from what I see, many other people too) tend to have multiple objects in the timeline with the same name (list: Camera, background, audio track, audio track, audio track, piece of world1, piece of world2, piece of world999, surface, surface, surface, surface, enderman, enderman, steve, steve, steve, item, item, item). I don’t think a search bar is what we need to fix this with if its going to be the same name. Plus I don’t seem to have a problem with not having a search bar, plus wouldn’t adding one be a little complicated with the software?