I have some things in mind I wish Mineimator had?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I love using Mineimator so far, but I wish it was more adjustable for low quality PC's... Maybe there could be an update that the fps would be boosted if you hid some of the entities when working on a project to prevent lag.. I also wish there was a Collison system just like the particles system... It is sometimes frustrating to adjust characters clipping into the ground... I loved the update where now we are enabled to rotate the background image set in a project, but I wish it had all rotation points, and maybe we could change the colour as well... I don't know if volumetric rays and reflections are possible, but I wish they we're added... And I also have one tiny request for a neon trail particle effect only if it is possible... That is all I wish for... I hope I didn't bug anyone????

Edited by mine-weird

54 minutes ago, mine-weird said:

I love using Mineimator so far, but I wish it was more adjustable for low quality PC's... Maybe there could be an update that the fps would be boosted if you hid some of the entities when working on a project to prevent lag.. I also wish there was a Collison system just like the particles system... It is sometimes frustrating to adjust characters clipping into the ground... I loved the update where now we are enabled to rotate the background image set in a project, but I wish it had all rotation points, and maybe we could change the colour as well... I don't know if volumetric rays and reflections are possible, but I wish they we're added... And I also have one tiny request for a neon trail particle effect only if it is possible... That is all I wish for... I hope I didn't bug anyone????

Volumetric light rays are possible. Use planes/cubes with glow and render only glow enabled.

8 hours ago, mine-weird said:

Maybe there could be an update that the fps would be boosted if you hid some of the entities when working on a project to prevent lag

FPS is boosted when you hide objects in the timeline.

I don't know if volumetric rays and reflections are possible

Volumetric rays are coming to MI 1.3, but there's no set release date yet. Reflections are possible, but Nimi will not be adding them. To my knowledge, Nimi may leave the developer team after 1.3 (correct me if I'm wrong). Another developer along the road could possibly add them, but that could be years from now.

I also wish there was a Collison system just like the particles system

Apparently the entire particle system is extremely messy in the code and messing with it could lead to more issues. This may come in the future with a rewrite, but definitely not now,

An idea would be to disable "work camera" during playing the animation when you are just interested in the finished product in "active camera". It's dumb that we are forced to always have "work camera" rendered at all times, let us choose if we want work camera rendered or not (throught a shortcut so we can do this on the fly). Notice how smooth the program becomes when you disable the active camera window, you are basically getting half your performance since you get rid of a camera, same idea but opposite.

Also when you disable "toggle wireframe controls" etc you gain performance. This is all due Gamemaker being a mess. I have one of the most powerful CPUs on the market and it still losses smoothness working on 5+ minute animations with for instance an small horde of zombies with keyframes filled for the walking animations, decently sized schematics and so on. We just need that this is ported into a 21th century engine that takes advantage of multi threading.

Edited by moniker