edge glow

nrtcb
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

ik a lot of people know how to do this, but i still dont understand how it works, i even tried some tutorials from videos and changed the render and lighting setting to what they said, but i still cant do it. can some one give me a good guide on how to do edge glow? 

and, does the edge glow apply to everything from every angle ? or i need to change the spot light angle for each part to have edge glow?

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

easiest method is bleed light: enable bleed light and slap a spotlight behind your characters, objects etc.

older method was some strange thing with spotlights that made blurry sort of edge glows, i guess it'd just randomly happen? idk

exactly, the old method was  random, i got it once very randomly when messing with glow effects.

13 hours ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

easiest method is bleed light: enable bleed light and slap a spotlight behind your characters, objects etc.

older method was some strange thing with spotlights that made blurry sort of edge glows, i guess it'd just randomly happen? idk

Untitled.png?width=500&height=281what do i do with these shoulders

On 3/31/2020 at 10:26 PM, Cubic Ralsei said:

What do you mean by this?

What im trying to do is that someone is emiting light from inside. Like a guy is set on fire or something, so I need the model to emit this light.

2 minutes ago, moniker said:

What do you mean by this?

What im trying to do is that someone is emiting light from inside. Like a guy is set on fire or something, so I need the model to emit this light.

experiment around when the lights aren't behind