Dev update #18: 1.3.0 - Lighting

24 minutes ago, moniker said:

Nimi could I know if you will be adding this?:

-markers on the timeline

-sticky timeline object

-search button on the timeline

This would improve my workflow x100. I spent a lot of time searching for certain scenes in long animations. Also scrolling up and down to find the camera. And even with tons of folders being able to search something by name would be great.

Not by 100%. I manage to work with Mine-Imator without using any of this (yet alone needing it), but thats just how I think and work (Although markers are understandable).

And isn’t a search bar just a little far fetched?

Edited by CRAZYKOKEBROZ

13 minutes ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

Not by 100%. I manage to work with Mine-Imator without using any of this (yet alone needing it), but thats just how I think and work (Although markers are understandable).

And isn’t a search bar just a little far fetched?

Not really, most editing software allow you to do these things. Something else I forgot, a way to fine tune stuff. For instance in Sony Vegas, if you move a knob while pressing left control, it goes really mega slow and allows you to slowly fine tune. You can't do this in Mine Imator, if you want to for instance make tiny increments in an angle or move something, you have to manually enter numbers on like 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04.... until it matches, which is insanity.

42 minutes ago, moniker said:

Not really, most editing software allow you to do these things. Something else I forgot, a way to fine tune stuff. For instance in Sony Vegas, if you move a knob while pressing left control, it goes really mega slow and allows you to slowly fine tune. You can't do this in Mine Imator, if you want to for instance make tiny increments in an angle or move something, you have to manually enter numbers on like 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04.... until it matches, which is insanity.

The fine tune thing is something I don’t see a whole lot of people talking about. Remember, Mine-Imator was made for it’s simplicity, not to be a competitor with Blender or Cinema 4D.

40 minutes ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

The fine tune thing is something I don’t see a whole lot of people talking about. Remember, Mine-Imator was made for it’s simplicity, not to be a competitor with Blender or Cinema 4D.

Anyone making rigs would benefit. And in general it would make the program better. The stuff I mentioned improves workflow. In a 20 minute animation I shouldn't have to scroll backwards and fordward trying to find stuff when markers are a thing and so follows. The program would remain simple, it would just be better.

28 minutes ago, moniker said:

The stuff I mentioned improves workflow. In a 20 minute animation I shouldn't have to scroll backwards and fordward trying to find stuff when markers are a thing and so follows. The program would remain simple, it would just be better.

I don't experience issues with this.

21 hours ago, moniker said:

Anyone making rigs would benefit. And in general it would make the program better. The stuff I mentioned improves workflow. In a 20 minute animation I shouldn't have to scroll backwards and fordward trying to find stuff when markers are a thing and so follows. The program would remain simple, it would just be better.

Honest question, do you ever stop complaining and making demands?

Edited by __Mine__

10 hours ago, moniker said:

Nimi could I know if you will be adding this?:

-markers on the timeline

-sticky timeline object

-search button on the timeline

This would improve my workflow x100. I spent a lot of time searching for certain scenes in long animations. Also scrolling up and down to find the camera. And even with tons of folders being able to search something by name would be great.

Timeline markers: Planned for 1.3.0.

"Sticky"/pinned timeline instances: Not currently planned for any version of Mine-imator.

Timeline searching: Not currently planned for any version of Mine-imator.

1.3.0 is far from being done with development, as it still just recently began (though in all fairness, there hasn't much development since this dev update went out) and things that are/aren't planned may jump around a ton this early on. Things you may be hoping for now won't be released to the public till the first pre-release comes out for 1.3.0 sometime next year anyways.

9 hours ago, Nimi said:

"Sticky"/pinned timeline instances: Not currently planned for any version of Mine-imator.

1.3.0 is far from being done with development, as it still just recently began (though in all fairness, there hasn't much development since this dev update went out) and things that are/aren't planned may jump around a ton this early on. Things you may be hoping for now won't be released to the public till the first pre-release comes out for 1.3.0 sometime next year anyways.

We got an answer, thank you Nimi! :)

9 hours ago, Nimi said:

Any words on the fine tunning shortcut? similar to this:

This would be insanely useful.

1 hour ago, moniker said:

It’s called Mine-Imator,  not Mine-Vegas. There currently is no major need.

Or you could just type in the value yourself. There is literally no need for this.

I like how you just continue to fire off demand after demand with literally zero consideration for how much work Nimi has to do.

13 hours ago, Nimi said:

What are timeline markers? Also, what are those new timeline things? Sorry, never actually heard of them .-.

19 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

Or you could just type in the value yourself. There is literally no need for this.

I like how you just continue to fire off demand after demand with literally zero consideration for how much work Nimi has to do.

Yeah because the insanity of entering values manually in 0.00x increments is the same as that.

19 hours ago, Mercury said:

What are timeline markers? Also, what are those new timeline things? Sorry, never actually heard of them .-.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fSJFsdPF1A

Even Camtasia has them.

20 hours ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

It’s called Mine-Imator,  not Mine-Vegas. There currently is no major need.

Not an argument.

Edited by moniker

6 hours ago, moniker said:

Another obvious thing missing is importing several files at once. For instance you have 50 images you want to use as textures, and you have to manually import one by one which is insanity.

You're now asking for too much! There is no need for this!

7 hours ago, moniker said:

Not an argument.

That wasn't an argument, that was a statement.

Edited by CRAZYKOKEBROZ

59 minutes ago, HeYoNia said:

I actually need that, I import a ton of image sequences to Mine-Imator and have to manually import them one by one.

Okay, maybe we do need something like it. I know that you can add textures on panes (or other shapes) and then import them all into a project using the panes, but most of the other things he mentioned were just a little far fetched.

On 6/9/2020 at 12:20 AM, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

You're now asking for too much! There is no need for this!

That wasn't an argument, that was a statement.

If you want to make for example a crowd and you need 50 different skins, yes, there is a need to add a bunch of files at once instead of exporting one by one like an idiot. Im sure Nimi agrees and will eventually add it. Just like how he will add markers and other things which "aren't needed" according to you.

Edited by moniker

If you want to make for example a crowd and you need 50 different skins, yes, there is a need to add a bunch of files at once instead of exporting one by one like an idiot. Im sure Nimi agrees and will eventually add it. Just like how he will add markers and other things which "aren't needed" according to you.

Not yet there isn’t. I work completely fine with the way it is now. And how many other features have you said we need when we don’t? It’s not called Mine-Vegas!

52 minutes ago, moniker said:

Here's another one:

Add a way to search in the "Parent" box, so you don't have to scroll up and down searching what you want to parent it with in an insanely long list.

"Just use folders bro". Not an argument. This mentality guarantees the workflow is never improved.

And I'd say your "Be ungrateful and hostile towards everyone" mentality also guarantees this.

2 hours ago, moniker said:

Here's another one:

Add a way to search in the "Parent" box, so you don't have to scroll up and down searching what you want to parent it with in an insanely long list.

"Just use folders bro". Not an argument. This mentality guarantees the workflow is never improved.

You already talked about this, there are no current plans at the moment for a search bar. Many of these things wont be added way for quite a while since most don't have a high demand (except importing multiple things, which still can take time).

1 hour ago, __Mine__ said:

And I'd say your "Be ungrateful and hostile towards everyone" mentality also guarantees this.

There is some logic in that statement. I never commonly see anger being used to successful earn most demands (except for protests, which this isn't one).

Edited by CRAZYKOKEBROZ

17 hours ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

You already talked about this, there are no current plans at the moment for a search bar. Many of these things wont be added way for quite a while since most don't have a high demand (except importing multiple things, which still can take time).

There is some logic in that statement. I never commonly see anger being used to successful earn most demands (except for protests, which this isn't one).

So "high demand" = anyone that isn't me demands it as well.

Edited by moniker