Dev update #18: 1.3.0 - Lighting

On 5/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

You kinda brought it up earlier, so I gave a solution. I hope it works.

Im talking about the work camera, no turning the render off and on.

Also having "toggle controls, wireframes and hightlights" enabled causes an abnormal drop in fps.

Edited by moniker

2 hours ago, moniker said:

Im talking about the work camera, no turning the render off and on.

Also having "toggle controls, wireframes and hightlights" enabled causes an abnormal drop in fps.

You can toggle camera render on the work camera

21 hours ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

You can toggle camera render on the work camera

That's not what is being discussed here. We need to be able to turn the work camera off, not just the render, so we can have a smoother active camera playback when needed.

32 minutes ago, moniker said:

That's not what is being discussed here. We need to be able to turn the work camera off, not just the render, so we can have a smoother active camera playback when needed.

But nearly every 3D development tool has a work camera that's mostly permanent. It's there for a reason.

1 hour ago, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

But nearly every 3D development tool has a work camera that's mostly permanent. It's there for a reason.

In this case we have a software that struggles to have 2 renders at the same time. So disabling one when you want to see the animated end result in active camera at higher FPS makes sense. Just add a shortcut to quickly toggle this.

Edited by moniker

1 hour ago, moniker said:

In this case we have a software that struggles to have 2 renders at the same time. So disabling one when you want to see the animated end result in active camera at higher FPS makes sense. Just add a shortcut to quickly toggle this.

Honestly I experience no trouble with this. It’s something I never had any difficulty with.

3 hours ago, moniker said:

Then you havent pushed the program far enough for fps to be a problem.

Oh I have, Game Maker is just not entirely built for this kind of use but I don't really care. As long as I enjoy it I'm fine.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Mine imator is going to be better in the future 

Well, sort of. Besides this big Update. If you think about developers departure of this program, Nimi-boy will leave along with Voxy-Buns the software for someone else to continue it...

(Correct me if i'm wrong to anyone out there.)

3 hours ago, insanehelix7076 said:

sorry if I'm saying this but the lighting in 1.30 (not the shadows) seem to be a little TOO bright just saying .-.

Understandable. But its unnatural in the current version, so there's a reason why.

Another thing which has been missing that should be implemented before the program gets abandoned is importing multiple resources at once, markers on the timeline, and a sticky object on the timeline, beside being able to toggle the work camera render already discussed here.

On 5/13/2020 at 12:34 AM, Alexomations said:

Alpha glitches are used to make those facial rigs so how would face rigs work then?

I think he means alpha not properly rendered throught dof, tinted glasses etc, but unfortunately that cannot be fixed it seems.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, moniker said:

Which dev is going to replace Nimi?

the program is open source, so really anyone who can code can take on development

6 minutes ago, Nimi said:

That's outside of my control with Mine-imator using GameMaker.

ok...
btw, I'd prefer dx9 cuz my Mine-imator's lagging since it's render engine updated to dx11 (1.1.0)

Edited by Randy11x

11 hours ago, Randy11x said:

ok...
btw, I'd prefer dx9 cuz my Mine-imator's lagging since it's render engine updated to dx11 (1.1.0)

I don’t know if that’s possible with the new lighting, but it could be.

Nimi could I know if you will be adding this?:

-markers on the timeline

-sticky timeline object

-search button on the timeline

This would improve my workflow x100. I spent a lot of time searching for certain scenes in long animations. Also scrolling up and down to find the camera. And even with tons of folders being able to search something by name would be great.