Dev update #18: 1.3.0 - Lighting

1 minute ago, Ian_The_One said:

isn't there a new dev called Marvin who is still learning the ins and outs of MI?

As of recently, he's stepped down from being a dev. He has a pretty busy life and other projects going on and understandably didn't have time for Mine-imator development.

1 hour ago, moniker said:

So after 1.3.0 the program is basically abandonware? thats pretty sad... I hope someone keeps updating it.

MI will be passed from developer to developer. Until somebody ports the entire thing to a new engine, it will stay a free program, as it was intended to give kids a free and simple tool to use.Ā 

If you're so keen on the idea of Mine-imator being ported to a 'proper engine', why do you just do it yourself?

Ā 

Or are you say that your fine with someone else having to learn a whole new language and rewrite an all ready existing program on another engine pointlessly, but the notion that you do it yourself is unthinkable?

Ā 

I'm just saying, it looks to me like you were mandating Nimi, or someone else, to go to a whole lot more work than he's already got, and still get nothing out of it, just because one particular user thinks gamemaker sucks.

11 hours ago, HeYoNia said:

That obviously back fired.Ā 

Kind of like unity, the ease of use means that there's a low barrier to entry, and more people can use it without actually being good at it

On 4/22/2020 at 11:43 PM, Cubic Ralsei said:

why did you quote me twice you know you didn't have to

you can change your camera viewport size and see it in "fullscreen"

What does that have to do with what is being discussed here.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:58 PM, 9redwoods said:

MI will be passed from developer to developer. Until somebody ports the entire thing to a new engine, it will stay a free program, as it was intended to give kids a free and simple tool to use.Ā 

Where did David said that he made Mine-Imator for kids? Ease of use is often confused with "made for kids".

Edited by moniker

Look whatever is going on here is a problem for another time. We should enjoy what we have now until something better or worse happens. Besides, porting Mine-Imator will only make 1.3.0 take longer to release. So I say we stay okay with what we got now and the foreseeable future!

On 4/23/2020 at 7:32 PM, moniker said:

No, I suggest that work camera render is switched off to get better fps in active camera.

You know that you can turn the camera renderĀ on and off every now and then to see what you want and keep the FPS stable (by keeping camera render off for when you don't want to use it).

On 5/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, CRAZYKOKEBROZ said:

You know that you can turn the camera renderĀ on and off every now and then to see what you want and keep the FPS stable (by keeping camera render off for when you don't want to use it).

This is not what is being discussed here.