Mark Rufus Vs. The Red Diamonds (A Series I'm starting)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello! I am making a short animated series called 'The Red Diamonds.' I'm looking for critique, and things I could improve on. Also I think this should be in the Narrative Animations, since it belongs to an over arcing story/series. It is pretty short though. Anyway here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsETIuKaglk. Enjoy, and thanks!

Bad critique: It looks like a bit better monster school.

True critique: It looks great for newbie, just lighting is poor and mostly nonexistent, for example scenes where are you going up it almost completely without lighting, some camera effects should make it also better. That death of spider is too much like in Minecraft, I would make it personally like IRL so it won't turn for 90° with color change to red, but that arrow will remain in spider's head and it will fall to ground with legs. Movement: Transition is completely linear, try to experiment with them (try to use mostly ease in and out (Idk exactly the names)) and try to use some walk cycles here on forums.

For better help I strongly reccommend to watch tutorials, experimenting in MI (Mine-Imator) or ask members in private messages

Edit: One tip @Mark Rufus - If you want to see some critique or CC, you should follow your own topic, because when you leave forums for few hours (for example), your topic will no longer be in recent topics.

(I hope I didn't forgot to write anything more ?)

Edited by MicrogamerCz

2 hours ago, MicrogamerCz said:

Bad critique: It looks like a bit better monster school.

True critique: It looks great for newbie, just lighting is poor and mostly nonexistent, for example scenes where are you going up it almost completely without lighting, some camera effects should make it also better. That death of spider is too much like in Minecraft, I would make it personally like IRL so it won't turn for 90° with color change to red, but that arrow will remain in spider's head and it will fall to ground with legs. Movement: Transition is completely linear, try to experiment with them (try to use mostly ease in and out (Idk exactly the names)) and try to use some walk cycles here on forums.

For better help I strongly reccommend to watch tutorials, experimenting in MI (Mine-Imator) or ask members in private messages

Edit: One tip @Mark Rufus - If you want to see some critique or CC, you should follow your own topic, because when you leave forums for few hours (for example), your topic will no longer be in recent topics.

(I hope I didn't forgot to write anything more ?)

Yes, I agree with pretty much everything you've said (Except for the monster school part). The reason why the spider did the Minecraft death animation, is that the animation is supposed to be a hybrid where sometimes mobs will act more Minecraft-like then animated. This is just a mob thing that I did.