Bacon's Portal Rigs Megathread

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Alright, exactly 1 person on the Discord asked for them so here's all my currently made Portal rigs, all in one convenient package! The below list covers everything currently in the pack:

Etyb2Bm.png

Currently included rigs:

Spoiler

-Portal Device (can be imported with or without portals for less clutter)

-Weighted Cubes (use the Custom Item Slot feature to switch between Storage Cube and Companion Cube)

-Laser Cube (with pre-parented beam)

-Laser Shooter (with demonstration of how to switch between activated and deactivated)

-Aerial Faith Plate (with a premade forward launch animation)

-Light Bars

-Weight-Activated Button (basic only)

-Test Entrance/Exit Door

-Angled Panels (importable with or without portal attached, again for less clutter)

-Sentry Turrets

-Assorted Portalable/Non-Portalable Panel Textures

-Behind The Scenes Catwalks, Doors, and Concrete Walls

Planned rigs (or existing ones that need a lot of cleanup before being posted):

Spoiler

-Excursion Funnels (haven't been turned into a proper rig yet and are terrible to use, plus i haven't modeled the emitters at all)

-Laser Catcher (planned)

-Cube Button (planned)

-Pedestal Button (planned)

-GLaDOS, P-Body and Atlas (hopefully someday)

-Wheatley (needs cleanup, doesn't work correctly sometimes and has mediocre accuracy at best)

-Frankenturrets (planned eventually)

-Chamber Lock (aka the elevator rooms) (way too complex to do anytime soon, but since it is an area which would require more than just a .schematic, i'll probably do it for my own purposes someday and add it to the pack)

-Glass (too simple and rarely used to be at the top of my priorities list but at the same time is annoying to remake accurately when you need it)

-Observation Room (Already been modeled but needs organizing before it can be released)

-Hard Light Bridge (Same as previous)

-Assets for inner areas, such as behind the extended panel in one of the Hard Light Surfaces chambers, as well as scaffolding-type parts (planned)

-More Office Assets (not too important, but could be nice to have)

-Vital Apparatus Vent (far too complicated for me to do right now but is also necessary for a lot of chambers)

-Pneumatic Tubes (a bit difficult to get looking good but not entirely out of the question)

-Elevator (I'll release it along with the Pneumatic Tubes and Chamber Lock)

Download Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bw-pBFbtU4qTFV2AORbHOHKiot1I5Qme

Let me know if there are any issues with the rigs or if you have any suggestions that aren't on the list, and enjoy! Cave Johnson, we're done here.

Edited by BaconSandwich

9 hours ago, WAZZL3 said:

NO PICKS, NO CLICKS!!!

JK

9 hours ago, Jake_28 said:

when you're trusted enough to not need pix for clix

2 hours ago, MineWallpaper said:

Sees no pics

Not clicking, boi

realizes this is the big boi with 1000 rep

who cares, lemme click

DAMNIT I KNEW I MISSED SOMETHING-

Aight fixed it, also i fixed 2 issues that I didn't notice before: the item sheet wasn't the right version so you couldn't make Companion Cubes, and the Laser Cube had some stray keyframes.

13 hours ago, GeoPro07Animations said:

the redirection cube died when i imported it
unknown.png

Huh, I somehow managed to save the wrong version of the item sheet for all these rigs, a version that didn't actually have the redirection cube textures. Don't worry, that's fixed now, you can either re-download the pack or just paste this new one into the folder for the redirection cube (it only matters for that, since i don't believe there were any other textures missing from the sheet i had so the other rigs should be just fine with it.) Thanks for letting me know!
C4ALNRu.png

Edited by BaconSandwich

On 5/15/2020 at 12:52 PM, BaconSandwich said:

Huh, I somehow managed to save the wrong version of the item sheet for all these rigs, a version that didn't actually have the redirection cube textures. Don't worry, that's fixed now, you can either re-download the pack or just paste this new one into the folder for the redirection cube (it only matters for that, since i don't believe there were any other textures missing from the sheet i had so the other rigs should be just fine with it.) Thanks for letting me know!
C4ALNRu.png

thanks dude. Now i can work back on my portal render :D