liner transition rotating the wrong way

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

In my project a character is spining a sword the problen is that when i use liner transitions the sword spins the wrong way

so in one frame the swords z is -90 and in the next it is -385 the problem is that the sword rotated in the wrong direction to get to -385

What should i do

5 answers to this question

10 hours ago, CaptainCat017 said:

Make some inbetween frames; frames about half or a quarter of the way spun in between so that it spins in the way you intend. 

That's not how it works. It will just make the item rotate the wrong way midway.

I'm going to explain it in depth:

Mine Imator's rotational system is actually quite straightforward. A item can have a positive rotational value as well as a negative value, and can rotate both ways to have the same ending position.

Say if I want to rotate an arm 90° from it's default position (0°), There are two ways I can do it. I can set the rotational value to 90°, or I can set it to -270°. Both will start and end in the exact same position, however, they will rotate in different directions. With the first method, the arm will rotate 90° one way, while with the second method will result in the arm rotating 270° the other way, while ending in the same spot.

I hope this helps!