Exporting builds from Minecraft to create rigs

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

It's been a little over 5 years since I've messed with Mineimator, back when 0.7 was the main thing, and 1.0.0 was in its infancy (beta 4 if I remember correctly). Life's made me too busy to be able to keep up, but at last I'm finally ready to animate again with Mineimator. I do have one problem though. Back then, I used to use MCEdit to export pieces of rigs I created in a flat world for Mineimator, however I just realized that MCEdit is no longer being maintained, so I'm kind of out of options. I noticed Minemator has a native tool to import scenery, which definitely will save me so much time considering how tedious it used to be to have to use MCEdit in small pieces because Mineimator would crash. That said, what alternatives do you guys use nowadays?

2 answers to this question

Welcome back. To this date, we use a program called ModelBench. A program created specifically for Mine-imator, made by the new dev, Nimi. The program is used to create models and rigs.

Here is a link to the download page:

You can find tutorials for this program on YT.

Edited by Frost

@Frost I'll definitely give that a try! For those that might have had the same question, I also found that using the WorldEdit Mod I could save various parts of rigs as .schematics to here:

.minecraft/config/worldedit/schematics

and then import them elsewhere. Definitely easier than having to do it all in Mineimator, thanks agin!

Edited by MrHDML