Rig test lightroom crap idk

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Any other day I'd just say this looks like a confusing amalgamation of resources, but that wouldn't really help. So I'll put some time into a comment. 

The eyes look a bit derpy and unusual, like the character drank something that made them woozy. It might help to try out rotating some eyelids to convey more emotion.
Instead of leaving it flat, you can angle one or both of them slightly. Variations of eyelid angles can make many expressions on its own, unless you meant for it to look half asleep.

Here's an example I have made for this reply:

Spoiler

ESULeSAXQAItcM4?format=jpg&name=small

Now if you've meant for the character to be threatening, or not, its really up to you. However, if the light is directly facing them, the pupils would normally shrink to prevent absorbing too might light. If this is what the eyes look when shrunk, then your normal sized pupils are far too big.

I find the mix of styles to be awkward. The background has varying amounts of texturing and pixel usage, your skin appears minimalist yet there's definitions of skin shading. That's perfectly fine and all so far, though what trips me the most is that the head has a completely different style that has nothing similar to the skin texture, or even the background. I will argue that there is a way to make entirely-flat-colors and varying pixels work together instead of separately, I would recommend experimenting and trying out something that works, it is possible. See my example.

I think the phantom wings look cool though, it might help to angle them downwards or any other angle that isn't completely parallel or sticking out, give it some weight. I'm not sure what's the texture going over the chin, a folded-down scarf? A mask?

18 hours ago, KrisFirebolt said:

Any other day I'd just say this looks like a confusing amalgamation of resources, but that wouldn't really help. So I'll put some time into a comment. 

The eyes look a bit derpy and unusual, like the character drank something that made them woozy. It might help to try out rotating some eyelids to convey more emotion.
Instead of leaving it flat, you can angle one or both of them slightly. Variations of eyelid angles can make many expressions on its own, unless you meant for it to look half asleep.

Here's an example I have made for this reply:

Hide contents

ESULeSAXQAItcM4?format=jpg&name=small

Now if you've meant for the character to be threatening, or not, its really up to you. However, if the light is directly facing them, the pupils would normally shrink to prevent absorbing too might light. If this is what the eyes look when shrunk, then your normal sized pupils are far too big.

I find the mix of styles to be awkward. The background has varying amounts of texturing and pixel usage, your skin appears minimalist yet there's definitions of skin shading. That's perfectly fine and all so far, though what trips me the most is that the head has a completely different style that has nothing similar to the skin texture, or even the background. I will argue that there is a way to make entirely-flat-colors and varying pixels work together instead of separately, I would recommend experimenting and trying out something that works, it is possible. See my example.

I think the phantom wings look cool though, it might help to angle them downwards or any other angle that isn't completely parallel or sticking out, give it some weight. I'm not sure what's the texture going over the chin, a folded-down scarf? A mask?

K

18 hours ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

honestly, this is the most horrifying face rig i've ever seen

Thanks!