Jump to content
KrisFirebolt

So anyway, I started beeping. (Protogen Model/Rig)

Recommended Posts

Hello, here's my first actual Mineimator creation in a very long time, I've been on a hiatus and thereon lost interest in Minecraft animating as a hobby.
You could call me a lurker, I just occasionally check for messages, notifications, and up-voting things others made that looked pretty sweet.

I've had an idea to make myself a Minecrafty Protogen model/rig, in case I wanted to make later renders and animations with it.
I don't think one's ever been publicly made with Mineimator, to my current knowledge, however I hope to see more made later on.
Maybe some of you would take inspiration and see where you can go with making your own Protogens, check official references first.
There's still a lot of bugs to be ironed out with some things in the design, and its a personal project so I don't think I'll be sharing a 'download.'

*edit* Brand new Render via Mineimator 1.2.6

EQ1Zq-8XYAMP4_f?format=jpg&name=4096x409


(Outdated Render:)

Spoiler

Here's a first render to start with, something simple to show off the model without it being overwhelming.

EQybaBOW4AIRrg2?format=jpg&name=small



(Glow effect added via Photoshop. These parts should normally be glowing, as they are LEDs.)


Here is a showcase video with animate-able examples and such below:

 

Edited by KrisFirebolt
Better res, new render

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if someone wants to use an older version of a thing that they're familiar with to make something, they should be able to do that.
Its the first thing I've made since coming back into animating, am I just expected to be using the latest version of Mineimator?
I'm not sure if its me but, this feels like its missing the point. At least its not the 0.7 demo, if anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, KrisFirebolt said:

I think if someone wants to use an older version of a thing that they're familiar with to make something, they should be able to do that.
Its the first thing I've made since coming back into animating, am I just expected to be using the latest version of Mineimator?
I'm not sure if its me but, this feels like its missing the point. At least its not the 0.7 demo, if anything.

No need to get so defensive. They were merely stating it's outdated, which it is.

There are a ton of features in the latest versions, one in particular being support for bend limits, which this model could benefit from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

No need to get so defensive. They were merely stating it's outdated, which it is.

There are a ton of features in the latest versions, one in particular being support for bend limits, which this model could benefit from.

Ah, this is what I would've liked to see, I didn't know about those features, I'll have to try them out sometime. Thanks. ^^

7 hours ago, MojangYang said:

model: awesome

render: lack of dof and lighting, but I understand why.

Depth of Field? That sounds interesting, I'll have to try that out sometime, I'm guessing its in the latest update?
Was debating last night on whether to add some blur in the render through photoshop but I went for keeping it simple, and I was a bit sleepy. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KrisFirebolt said:

Depth of Field? That sounds interesting, I'll have to try that out sometime, I'm guessing its in the latest update?

:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vinnyg0621 said:

At 0:16 LOL he said no! I would say NO! if I had to accept a title with capitalization failure...! XD

I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Where's this capital failure at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...