Distortion Feature Adjustment

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

First off, I'd like to say that I really appreciate all the work that has gone into Mine-Imator over the past few years! I've been using it on and off, but I'm glad to see that it's still in use.

I'm not sure if the developers are open to suggestions (or if this is the right place, please correct me if not), but something that I've been wondering about as I've played with the new version is the distortion feature. It's really great for making everything from really realisitic anamorphic scenes to crazy, warped out music videos. However, an issue arises when you go to export:

test-render-cowboy.png

It seems like the effect is applied after cropping, etc, which warps the edges of the frame. It would be awesome if this effect was applied before cropping so the edges stayed straight. I'm not sure how complex this is, but it would be greatly appreciated! Obviously, there are workarounds like backing up the camera, exporting, and manually cropping later, but if there's a way to do it in the program, that's always appreciated.

Thanks!