Addressing the interface shortcomings!

Bending disappointed me, in MB 0.4.2 I was able to bend model with rotation and now I must go into rotation, have rotating turned on on some axis and then edit bend.

But the UI looks amazing, good work Voxy.

Edited by MicrogamerCz

On 1/18/2020 at 1:50 AM, Voxy said:

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any other issues, or perhaps suggestions regarding user experience, so that we can keep improving the UI.

Ok, the updated color system is USELESS. I'm making one model for my use and I want to use mix color, but here's the problem: when I use mix color with for example 50% mix, I'll save it, start MI, I have totally clear project and I want to import that model, ALL mix color is gone, 0 percentage mix and no set mix color and when I want to open it in MB again ALL mix color is gone too.

(It's interesting that MB 1.0.0 an MI 1.2.6 have some bigger issues than it's predecessor)

10 hours ago, MicrogamerCz said:

Ok, the updated color system is USELESS.

The colors settings in MB are distinct from the keyframe options in MI. They're not meant to transfer between programs like you intend them to.

when I want to open it in MB again ALL mix color is gone too.

That is a known issue (which I'm not responsible for. As I said, please don't report actual bugs to me ?), and it will be fixed in the next patch.

(It's interesting that MB 1.0.0 an MI 1.2.6 have some bigger issues than it's predecessor)

In the case of MB, it was pretty much remade from scratch, so some issues are to be expected. We don't have that many beta-testers, sometimes bugs go unnoticed. ?‍♂️

53 minutes ago, Voxy said:

The colors settings in MB are distinct from the keyframe options in MI. They're not meant to transfer between programs like you intend them to.

That is a known issue (which I'm not responsible for. As I said, please don't report actual bugs to me ?), and it will be fixed in the next patch.

In the case of MB, it was pretty much remade from scratch, so some issues are to be expected. We don't have that many beta-testers, sometimes bugs go unnoticed. ?‍♂️

11 hours ago, MicrogamerCz said:

Ok, the updated color system is USELESS. I'm making one model for my use and I want to use mix color, but here's the problem: when I use mix color with for example 50% mix, I'll save it, start MI, I have totally clear project and I want to import that model, ALL mix color is gone, 0 percentage mix and no set mix color and when I want to open it in MB again ALL mix color is gone too.

modelbench 1.0.0 has less bugs than 0.4.6 what are you on about 

3 hours ago, Voxy said:

Allow me to beta test lol

Hey all! Modelbench 1.0.1 is now live! Thanks to your feedback, we've been able to improve some aspects of the user experience, and hopefully, make Modelbench much more pleasant to use! Here are some of the changes we've made:

?️ The contextual menus are now complete! Some actions, like duplication, were hidden behind shortcuts, other, like UV exporting, were missing entirely. This has now been fixed!
? The poorly received global snapping system is gone. In its place, it has been split into 4 snapping values. These will affect, in order: Position & Pivot offset; Rotation; Scale & inflate; Size & UV positioning (Which should make the modelers that relied on sub-pixel modeling happy!)
? The startup screen will now display a few handy tips, to help you grasp the program better!

We hope you'll enjoy these changes! Please let us know what you think, and if there are still things to improve! Happy modeling! :)