Reflections

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Please, add a slider somewhere, for example in the color tab, that controls reflecting abilities of block... When slider is on the right it doesn't reflect anything, and you just see the texture. But when it goes to the left it reflects everything better and better and on the left it's just a "block of mirror"

Sorry for my English)

reflections that actually look like reflections would be extremely demanding, even if it's just cloning the scene. since the camera can be moved, there would need to be alot of tricks, maybe like the nether portal trick which consists of cloning a part of the nether and modifying it depending on where the player's looking at on the portal. i'm believing it would be the same thing but instead with reflections that update in realtime.

Edited by Cubic Ralsei

Reflections are possible, but it isn't an option in GameMaker (The program used to create MI). You could either create them yourself by using cameras and surfaces or wait a few years until a new developer starts working on MI and happens to take on the process of adding reflections.

MI is sadly not as developed as Blender or C4D.

It would not be that hard for Mine-imator to add reflections into the software, they should just make it like the camera texture trick but make the camera always faces the active camera to actually make it look like a reflection and not a picture and make it so that the reflections don't appear in the library so that it does'not lag the project.