vegas pro destroyed mine-imator's sound

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

i need some help with fixing this issue

so, i had mine-imator open, and i opened vegas pro. vegas pro mutes other programs while launching, so mine-imator was muted. however, it's not like youtube; vegas pro muted mine-imator forever... (everytime i try to play sound files of any type, .wav, .mp3, .ogg in mine-imator, it refuses to play the sound)

instructions to recreate this issue (warning: to me, you can't go back once you perform this issue...)

1. open mine-imator

2. open vegas pro (my product was 17)

3. mine-imator is muted forever !

how can i fix this!? i feel like i may need to re-install mine-imator, but i'm scared of losing my projects...

2 minutes ago, Yellowbross said:

i did this multiple times, and i even restarted my computer, but mine-imator still refuses to play sound...

maybe update sound drivers?

if you're wanting to reinstall MI though, you can backup your projects by simply dragging them in another folder

33 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

maybe update sound drivers?

if you're wanting to reinstall MI though, you can backup your projects by simply dragging them in another folder

all my sound drivers were up to date

i reinstalled mine-imator (i also backed up my projects), but even there, mine-imator refuses to play sound!

however... while trying to fix this problem, i found that mine-imator is only muted in the program itself, and any rendered videos still have sound.

edit: wait, nevermind! i opened volume mixer and found that mine-imator was muted in volume mixer. i unmuted it and now my problem is solved!

Edited by Yellowbross