(Collection) Documenting my Hardcore Failures

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Oh hey look it me

So basically, I've been playing a lot of hardcore over the past couple of months to keep myself interested in the game. I've died 13 times total and only completed the game twice in this time. So the other day, I had a thought: what if I made a bunch of wallpapers to immortalize my dumb mistakes? So here they are, enjoy I guess

Spoiler

I died on my first night in this one, when i was cornered between a zombie villager and lava:
z7LA0Ju.png

Spoiler

I survived a bit longer in this world, but died when a skeleton shot me and knocked me into lava:
O7NwDlA.png

Spoiler

I survived a lot longer in this one, managing to get to the end, but I got cocky and instead of going home after the fight, i tried to get an elytra and ended up falling off of an end city to my demise:
aWRyeM1.png

Spoiler

Now this is where it gets interesting, because at this point I started doing challenges to switch things up. For this world, i was only allowed to go outside at night. As you can see, i got ambushed in the rain by a creeper in a swamp:
lkjrB5j.png

Spoiler

I chose the same challenge for this one, and I only got to the nether before being burnt to a crisp by blazes:
dXzN5ps.png

Spoiler

For this world, I told myself that i wasn't allowed to have a permanent base of any kind. As you might've expected, I ended up getting cornered on a tall hill by a ton of mobs on my first night:
aMSzadd.png

Spoiler

I did the same challenge again here, but my death wasn't necessarily caused by this, but by the fact that i decided to try on shaders in the middle of the night and my FPS became pretty much unplayable, leaving me vulnerable to mob attacks:
g1uCxdH.png

Spoiler

For this one, I decided that I could only ever build in a futuristic style. Ironically, i traveled further in this world than in either of the nomadic ones (about 17000 blocks, to be precise), since I needed to find a desert for cactus green. However, I ended up getting chased around on low health in a cave and taken down by skeletons:
MkB1VCj.png

Spoiler

Oh, look, another End death! However, the challenge for this world was that i had to get every achievement possible, so I really did need an elytra and it wasn't just me being cocky this time. I ended up missing a pearl and fell:
XCJKIBj.png

Spoiler

For this world, the challenge was to survive with a render distance of 4, stormy weather, and perpetual twilight. I managed to get to the nether, but was cornered once again on low health, this time by wither skeletons:
UszZ6eb.png

Spoiler

This one came right out of the blue. The challenge this time around was to only build using nature-related blocks and to not kill any passive mobs. I was, obviously, ambushed by a creeper in a ravine, and it killed me instantly even with some diamond armor on:
6JUX4BP.png

Spoiler

For this world, I tried a new concept: build futuristic-styled "research outposts" in every major biome, and then link them up through nether tunnels. I didn't even finish the first one before I was blown up in a cave. I had been holding my shield up, but a skeleton sitting behind the creeper shot me and knocked the shield down just long enough for the creeper to one-hit me.
ZtscB31.png

Spoiler

So I wanted to try the last concept another time, since it seemed fun, but i felt like just doing the same thing might be boring. My solution? Make it an amplified world! I managed to get to the nether this time, but a perfect storm of events managed to kill me: I came through my portal and found a creeper on the other side. My first instinct was to run away from it, backwards, which led me to fall onto a random floating block nearby. Then, as I was trying to get my bearings, a ghast comes along and shoots me in the face, knocking me off the block and plummeting to the ground below.
dxQem2g.png

So uh yeah, this is pretty much what I've been doing in MC since late September, it's been frustrating yet fun to be honest. Anyway, time to fire up yet another doomed world once i can come up with a new challenge idea, seeya!
Credit to: Sharpwind for the armor rig, and @Hagus for the idea to try hardcore in the first place :D

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

These are well-made and very fun to scroll through! +1

Sorry about all your hardcore deaths. That must suck.

Thanks! Honestly, after the first few it's not too bad, it's only when you die in a really, supremely stupid way that you end up getting mad.

1 hour ago, TwoToRule said:

These are really good! I hope you die more.

In a positive way.

Thank you too! I probably will if i can ever think of more challenges to do...