Jack and Diane

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

No, Im not hopping on a trend. I made this before all the others last night.
HfolUR0.png
Credit to: @mbanders and @NotChris

Fun fact, most of the junk on the ground are just particles, along with the money. 

Edited by Ethaniel

This really needs a fill light. Those shadows are too harsh, and lighting is very flat. Also, some of the bricks are coming out of places where there are already bricks:

Spoiler

E2IMjxN.png

64jdafz.png

zSdtDeQ.png

This could've easily been fixed by creating custom textures for certain blocks, and then creating the blocks from those textures and filling in the holes. Would've looked a lot cooler tbh.

Also, using a particle spawner for the money wasn't a very good idea, because there's a bunch of clipping with all the money. In an animation, it would make sense to use a particle creator to speed things up, but this is just a still frame, a wallpaper, and it would've been better if you just positioned each piece of money to exactly where you want it, and easily avoid all the clipping.

It also would've been cooler if you had put detail into the inside of the building, instead of just blurring it.

The iron bars sticking out of the wall also look copy-pasted, it would look a little better if there was some randomization.

Also, clashing styles on the money bag textures.

The eye whites on your character are gray. You can fix this by just turning up the brightness of them.

Also, the guy on the right has white eyebrows.

Spoiler

u46ZdiI.png

Besides all of that, it's one of the better renders you've made. You put an extra attention to detail, which is something you don't always do. The posing was good, the scene settup is pretty good, and the idea and composition is good.

That's all I have.

7 minutes ago, Frost* said:

This really needs a fill light. Those shadows are too harsh, and lighting is very flat. Also, some of the bricks are coming out of places where there are already bricks:

Hide contents

E2IMjxN.png

64jdafz.png

zSdtDeQ.png

This could've easily been fixed by creating custom textures for certain blocks, and then creating the blocks from those textures and filling in the holes. Would've looked a lot cooler tbh.

Also, using a particle spawner for the money wasn't a very good idea, because there's a bunch of clipping with all the money. In an animation, it would make sense to use a particle creator to speed things up, but this is just a still frame, a wallpaper, and it would've been better if you just positioned each piece of money to exactly where you want it, and easily avoid all the clipping.

It also would've been cooler if you had put detail into the inside of the building, instead of just blurring it.

The iron bars sticking out of the wall also look copy-pasted, it would look a little better if there was some randomization.

The eye whites on your character are gray. You can fix this by just turning up the brightness of them.

Hide contents

u46ZdiI.png

Besides all of that, it's one of the better renders you've made. You put an extra attention to detail, which is something you don't always do. The posing was good, the scene settup is pretty good, and the idea and composition is good.

That's all I have.

Mike did what he could ?

2 minutes ago, Frost* said:

Reveal hidden contents

E2IMjxN.png

64jdafz.png

zSdtDeQ.png

It's an unnatural light, of course it's harsh. There was already a lot of work on the wall, making a whole model for the brick block would have been a lot more work than needed, though I can see where you're coming from.

3 minutes ago, Frost* said:

The thing is, if you place everything how you want it, it starts to look unnatural. I went this route because I wanted a more unnatural random feel to the money flying out of the bag. As for detail, not much you can do with a vault, besides that wasn't the focus.

6 minutes ago, Frost* said:

That's how rebar works, it's not just randomly placed inside walls. 

8 minutes ago, Frost* said:

Reveal hidden contents

u46ZdiI.png

What clashing styles?

That is an absolutely disgusting idea. I will never use brightness in the eyes. They're like that because of the glasses.

Those are his eyes. Eyebrows are here.

Spoiler

279PCn9.png

1 minute ago, Ethaniel said:

It's an unnatural light, of course it's harsh. There was already a lot of work on the wall, making a whole model for the brick block would have been a lot more work than needed, though I can see where you're coming from.

A fill light to give ambient lighting from outside. I'm not worried about the flashlight light (or whatever is shining)

5 minutes ago, Ethaniel said:

What clashing styles?

The textures on the money bags are a different resolution than the rest of the textures in the scene.

6 minutes ago, Ethaniel said:

That is an absolutely disgusting idea. I will never use brightness in the eyes. They're like that because of the glasses.

Those are his eyes. Eyebrows are here.

I didn't know they both had glasses, but it's incredibly hard to tell with the guy on the right. I looks like he has white eyebrows with half closed eyes. Rims would've helped with this.

4 minutes ago, Frost* said:

I didn't know they both had glasses, but it's incredibly hard to tell with the guy on the right. I looks like he has white eyebrows with half closed eyes. Rims would've helped with this.

I cannot see white eyebrows at all. I dont know how you didnt see glasses. Both of our rigs arent highly detailed and try to keep it basic. 

3 minutes ago, Ethaniel said:

I cannot see white eyebrows at all. I dont know how you didnt see glasses. Both of our rigs arent highly detailed and try to keep it basic. 

When looking at the eyes, any average viewer wouldn't see the glasses, because first, your glasses don't have rims, and they are directly on top of your eyes in the same shape, and for the other guy, the glasses are not apparent because, well, they don't have apparent rims. It just looks like the eyes have darker shaded lower halves.

Glasses are difficult to make in MC, so I understand this, but adjusting it might help in the future.

2 minutes ago, Frost* said:

When looking at the eyes, any average viewer wouldn't see the glasses, because first, your glasses don't have rims, and they are directly on top of your eyes in the same shape, and for the other guy, the glasses are not apparent because, well, they don't have apparent rims. It just looks like the eyes have darker shaded lower halves.

Glasses are difficult to make in MC, so I understand this, but adjusting it might help in the future.

Fun fact, I saw glasses. =P 

It's a simplistic wallpaper, not all of us are try-hard OTT content creators like you and your clique. 

1 minute ago, Eliphaz said:

Fun fact, I saw glasses. =P 

It's a simplistic wallpaper, not all of us are try-hard OTT content creators like you and your clique. 

Well, it really depends on the person.

And you don't need to be OTT to make your content good. Just because a wallpaper is simplistic doesn't mean it doesn't have errors.

1 hour ago, Eliphaz said:

It wasn't really helpful. It was criticism but it helpful, nor constructive. 

The only real way for a creator to improve is to get advice from others and take it into consideration for next time, helpful or not. If you don't receive any advice at all, you'll never realise any mistakes you're making and will keep on making them.
There is no "clique" as you so call it. Just a fellow content creator offering advice and pointers to help another improve. Is that not allowed anymore?

I like that the spotlight is focused on the two robbers, but the guy on the right kinda looks like he clipped through the wall. Some adjustments with the posing could probably fix that. All in all, I like it, +1

5 minutes ago, DuallyElemental said:

I like that the spotlight is focused on the two robbers, but the guy on the right kinda looks like he clipped through the wall. Some adjustments with the posing could probably fix that. All in all, I like it, +1

He's not, it's just the angle.