Highway Night Drive in the Rain

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

rain_yes.png

Credits:

@MineRig for the Ford Explorer (the interior you see right now)

@Ghatos for the vehicles

@SKIBBZ, @MineRig(again), and my actual drive all the way back home from ThanksGiving dinner for the Inspiration.

and credits to google for the images that were a pain to find.

The reflections for the truck's back lights on the right are way too sharp and intense for any reflection. The actual lights on the truck weren't shining that bright, either.

Also, the rain drops on the window look like they're stagnant, which shouldn't be the case for a car, especially one that is driving. A different image with streaks would've improved this.

The yellow lamp rays could've had some fad at the edges, as to not make it so oddly sharp, but it's not bad. At least you gave them fade at the bottom.

Besides all that, this is a pretty epic render, with good atmosphere and composition. Modeling looks great, and you did well with the things that were available.Lighting is pretty on point, which is impressive; not only because it isn't flat but because it stays consistent with the noticeable sources. Also good how you found the right place for inspiration, the world around you.

I have nothing else to say, except Happy Thanksgiving!

1 hour ago, Frost* said:

The reflections for the truck's back lights on the right are way too sharp and intense for any reflection. The actual lights on the truck weren't shining that bright, either.

Also, the rain drops on the window look like they're stagnant, which shouldn't be the case for a car, especially one that is driving. A different image with streaks would've improved this.

The yellow lamp rays could've had some fad at the edges, as to not make it so oddly sharp, but it's not bad. At least you gave them fade at the bottom.

Besides all that, this is a pretty epic render, with good atmosphere and composition. Modeling looks great, and you did well with the things that were available.Lighting is pretty on point, which is impressive; not only because it isn't flat but because it stays consistent with the noticeable sources. Also good how you found the right place for inspiration, the world around you.

I have nothing else to say, except Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks, man! And thanks for reminding me that I was suppose to replace the texture for the rain on the wind shield and fix the reflections for the truck. I’ll try and avoid that mess next time.

And the lamps I’ll try to improve on. I tried replicating the fog around me irl and I guess I abused it a little.

Thanks for the both the criticism and the help!

2 hours ago, ThatRobloxerGamerYT said:

the rain drops on the car window look kinda ugly, like you can really tell its just a google stock image of a window with drops on it

also it seems kinda bright to be night, the moon is like the sun.

Oof close I got the texture from a website that has free textures.

The moon was a mistake on that part as well. Thanks for the heads up.