[ Animation ] "The Eye of The Sky" ( Remake 7 out of 9 )

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Your storyline and storytelling is very good, but your character animation and lighting is lacking.

All the lighting is very flat and doesn't have defined sources. I'm not sure if the lighting was intended to look like the original, but there are harsh shadows and no fill lights.

The character animation lacks most overlapping action, and it's mostly just quick and awkward ease in and out (back) transitions.

That eye monster could've reaally used some folders. Using a single timeline for a flying object is bound to be impossible to make such movements in this, as shown.

Other than that, I love the story, as well as the scene settup. Walk cycles and run cycles were pretty decent too.

If you see this, take some of this into consideration.

Oohh... I remember you... i still remember that one video with very long intro... well... guess it's too late for me to say "Welcome back"

Onto the main course... i would say with that high rep and post count... you could've done better than that... 4 years is a long time for improvement though.
Well... i know you are not active all the time. But it looked like you made a thin improvement there.

But... that doesn't mean you're stuck there, you just need the will to improve.
Since this is a long animation... i understand the long effort you made. You got the story to tell... (guess i can't do that)

Cheers...

20 hours ago, Playground said:

I think you should rely less on transitions making your movements look nicer and focus more on figuring out animating more difficult movements.

Parts like 1:56 show that you don't seem to be pushing your ability outside of simple gestures.

I got ya! I honestly think I could do better than what I did in this animation ?