Sign in to follow this  
SenltonGomes

Port forwarding assistance for MC server (ASUS RT-AC68U)!!

I hope I'm posting in the right place!! I've read various guides on how to port forward, static ip, firewall shenans, updating router firmware, etc and nothing happens whenever I test it on. At this point, I'm ready to set this router on fire... But I'm still super determined to figure it out! Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong/overlooking? This my my first time attempting this sort of thing since, y'know, Hamachi is the worst and I'd like to avoid going back to that life again.fedloan irs.gov easybib

Edited by SenltonGomes

Do you simply want the server to be accessible on your local network, or over the whole world?

To play open server to the whole internet, playable anywhere in the world:

1. Set static internal ipv4: https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

2. Get your external (public) ip: https://www.whatismyip.com/what-is-my-public-ip-address/

3. Find your gateway by opening your command prompt, type in ipconfig, and write down the default gateway.

4. Past your default gateway in your browser. Now you have entered your router settings page. Log in with the password written on your router (not the wifi login). (Hope you know this already because the detail is hard to explain)

5. Find the port forward option. Paste in your internal ip, and the port. The default port of any minecraft server is 25565, unless you changed it.

6. Open the server.properties file in notepad (which you should have), find the SERVER_IP and past your internal ip next to it.

YOU CAN NOW ACCESS YOUR SERVER ON ANY NETWORK, AS LONG AS THE SERVER IS ONLINE. PASTE THE EXTERNAL PUBLIC IP INTO MINECRAFT TO PLAY

If you just want to play with multiple devices, easy!

1. Get the internal ip of the host machine

2. Paste ip in playing devices in minecraft multiplayer.

TADA!

Even easier way:

1. Open the world you want to share with another player.

2. Open it to LAN.

3. The game will give you the port.

4. Take the port and the internal ip, put them into the players’ devices with a Coolum in between like this: xx.xx.xx.xx:#####

The Xs represent the ip, and the #s represent the port.

hope you understand me.