Lightsaber Test (Wallpaper ligthing test)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was messing around with the new lightsaber rig I made and I wanted to see if I could give it the same kind of lighting a lightsaber would have
I made two test renders. In my honest opinion, they're both garbage, especially the super dark blue one.

1st Test render
aaa.png

2nd Test render
aaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Anyway that's all. No need to upvote this at all. It's literally just a test. Feel free to downvote it though if you dislike it in any way.

Edit: I didn't know where to put a test wallpaper, so if this isn't the correct place, please tell me or have an admin move it.

Edited by Just Philip

You ought to stop saying your renders suck, since you've said that on just about every single one you've posted recently and I know some people here would see that as "attention-seeking"...
Let us be the ones to decide that for ourselves!

Anyway, I'd say the second one has the high ground.

1 minute ago, __Mine__ said:

You ought to stop saying your renders suck, since you've said that on just about every single one you've posted recently and I know some people here would see that as "attention-seeking"...
Let us be the ones to decide that for ourselves!

Anyway, I'd say the second one has the high ground.

Take your own words as an example, Mine.

5 minutes ago, Frost* said:

Take your own words as an example, Mine.

What do you mean?
I've never once said my renders sucked; sure, I think they're nowhere near the skill level of Hozq, but I liked how they turned out and I enjoyed making them... until I realised the MI Discord was sick of me.

Edited by __Mine__

definitely like the second one better as the colors match more and the lighting is more saturated

if you want to make your lightsaber look more like the real thing, try make the actual lightsaber color to be off-white, with a slight tint of the color that you would like the saber to be. then set the glow color to be your desired, saturated color. you should end up with something like this where the core of the saber is nearly white while the edges are very colorful

only other thing i'd suggest is to illuminate your character just a little bit, but the posing is good, the lighting is pretty juicy, and you've done pretty well for a test wallpaper

12 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

What do you mean?
I've never once said my renders sucked; sure, I think they're nowhere near the skill level of Hozq, but I liked how they turned out and I enjoyed making them... until I realised the MI Discord was sick of me.

I was not referring to your renders, but as to that of your personal view point of yourself.

Edited by Frost*

23 minutes ago, Kwazedilla said:

definitely like the second one better as the colors match more and the lighting is more saturated

if you want to make your lightsaber look more like the real thing, try make the actual lightsaber color to be off-white, with a slight tint of the color that you would like the saber to be. then set the glow color to be your desired, saturated color. you should end up with something like this where the core of the saber is nearly white while the edges are very colorful

only other thing i'd suggest is to illuminate your character just a little bit, but the posing is good, the lighting is pretty juicy, and you've done pretty well for a test wallpaper

Yeah changing the core to white made it so much better. Thanks.