2 vent wallpapers [4K cinematic]

Just now, Phyre Productions said:

I think it looks pretty nice. I'd maybe turn down the chromatic abberation just a bit to make it more subtle.

i wasn't really making these for criticism, i made these because i was in a really depressed mood and really just wanted to make something to let my emotions out.

but thank you either way 

Just now, MikTRF said:

bruh its a vent, its not meant or getting rep or attention

Sharing your vent on a forum based around a system of reputation, getting attention from it and reputation from it; posting it for rep and attention. Public venting is very close to attention seeking. 

2 minutes ago, Eliphaz said:

Sharing your vent on a forum based around a system of reputation, getting attention from it and reputation from it; posting it for rep and attention. Public venting is very close to attention seeking. 

i understand your viewpoint, but he's just showing how he is feeling in an artistic way.

you could make the same argument on any social media site

Edited by MikTRF

1 minute ago, MikTRF said:

you could make the same argument on any social media site

I do. =P 

It's attention seeking, and it's wrong. I'm tired of seeing this everywhere all over the forums and then people defending it.

2 minutes ago, MikTRF said:

but he's just showing how he is feeling in an artistic way.

The wallpapers themselves are only mediocre anyway. A proper way to express how you're feeling in an artistic way wouldn't be making edgy renders that appeal to the A N X I E T Y stereotype, it would be using your feelings and emotion to boost yourself into creating something. Even then personal vent art shouldn't be shared like this if you aren't looking for attention or reputation. 

Just now, Eliphaz said:

I do. =P 

It's attention seeking, and it's wrong. I'm tired of seeing this everywhere all over the forums and then people defending it.

The wallpapers themselves are only mediocre anyway. A proper way to express how you're feeling in an artistic way wouldn't be making edgy renders that appeal to the A N X I E T Y stereotype, it would be using your feelings and emotion to boost yourself into creating something. Even then personal vent art shouldn't be shared like this if you aren't looking for attention or reputation. 

i respect your opinion

However, on a much more serious note: If you are feeling depressed or anxious, talk to someone about it. I don't mean a professional, I mean a friend. A close friend. Talk to someone you know who is willing to listen— hell talk to me. I get that it's hard, but bottling it up and letting it manifest doesn't do anything. I'm speaking from experience. I know what it's like first hand to deal with anxiety and depression and the whole set of that stuff. It's not fun and it hurts. I'm sorry I went off like I did, but because of my past with this stuff, I find it disrespectful towards people who have this as a serious issue. Aestheticsizing anxiety and depression is low, and I mean low. Same goes for anything like that. If you post something like this, I'm gonna make a comment on it. I can't stand it when people feed into this and let it slide OR hell, embrace it. This is my last reply to this topic (hopefully) but please just think twice before posting stuff like this. This goes to anyone who sees this as well. All of it does. I wish you all a good night/day/evening/life. I'm going to sleep.

22 minutes ago, Eliphaz said:

Honestly, I wouldn't have posted these. Using things like depression and anxiety vent stuff to get rep or attention still really pisses me off. 

Just let the man post what he wants. I don't see a problem with posting something that's like venting or something sad every now and then. I feel like it's a change to what some people post. He may have been having a rough time when he made these, but that doesn't mean he was looking for attention. He said he made them because he wanted to let his emotions out. Some people have different ways of letting their emotions out, and he thought it was best to make renders rather than him let them out as a status update. 

Edit while I was typing this: you said you were going to bed so me writing this was a waste of time. oh well. goodnight then.

Edit#2: also didn't realize what else you said before you said you were going to bed. just ignore this.

Edited by Just Philip

10 hours ago, Just Philip said:

Just let the man post what he wants. I don't see a problem with posting something that's like venting or something sad every now and then. I feel like it's a change to what some people post. He may have been having a rough time when he made these, but that doesn't mean he was looking for attention. He said he made them because he wanted to let his emotions out. Some people have different ways of letting their emotions out, and he thought it was best to make renders rather than him let them out as a status update. 

Even I’ve made wallpapers like these in the past. I can tell you it was mostly for attention and getting across to other users how they made me feel.

2 hours ago, 9redwoods said:

Even I’ve made wallpapers like these in the past. I can tell you it was mostly for attention and getting across to other users how they made me feel.

I didn’t make this for attention. I made these a couple days ago and just posted them here not really expecting a bunch of comments

edit: like really why the hell do I have 13 upvotes on this post I shouldn’t have them

Edited by ThatRobloxerGamerYT

Just now, ThatRobloxerGamerYT said:

I didn’t make this for attention.

And that proves my point further. You didn't make this for attention, you made this because you didn't think that expressing how you were feeling publicly was a good idea so you made renders instead. Like I said before, people have different ways of expressing how they feel, and I don't think you were looking for attention while doing this.

Just now, Ghatos said:

This convo looks like the beginning of a forum wars, let's stop here lads

Jut saw that. My bad.

9 minutes ago, ThatRobloxerGamerYT said:

I didn’t make this for attention. I made these a couple days ago and just posted them here not really expecting a bunch of comments

Then why even label it as vent? This would be 10x more acceptable if you just posted and not made it look like you were seeking attention.