Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

A man finds himself lost in an unknown darkness. No people, no animals; only shadows, silhouettes and one long path, with a single sign labeled "Straight ahead".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man!! I'm actually surprised I finished this on time!! I had a month and a half to do this, the first couple weeks spend planning, story boarding, and scripting. Then starting the 1st of October, I started the animation, the deadline being the 28th.

1 month to animate and edit this... Let me advise all you fellow animators out there.. 1 MONTH IS NOT ENOUGH TIME!! Animation takes time, and I know I could have done much better if I wen't pushed for time. It's been very stressful, but I'm glad I'm done.

This is made for the "Six minutes in the spotlight" Short film competition for schools.

____________________Mistakes that I could have fixed with more time:____________________

- Around the end, a camera cut isn't instant, causing a wired motion between the 2 joint scenes. You don't see it, but you can notice it.

- Sliding legs. This rig is good, but  h e l l   to animate; sliding legs were a big problem throughout the whole of this, but even after my final tweaks, I still couldn't fix it.

- Lighting. Lighting (mainly around the end) looked odd, this is because I didn't spend as much time on it as the deadline was closing it, I made it decent, but it isn't the best.

- Sound effects. While writing the description to the uploaded video, I realized I didn't have any sound effects for the ending, but I don't have time to be scrolling through YouTube trying to find a decent effect.

- Voice work. The voice actor I got to do this was great and did his role well, however, some part's were too fast / sounded too gruff (like an epic trailer kinda voice). As I didn't have the time, I didn't ask for those lines to be redone, however, if I had the time, I would have ?

There are many other mistakes, but those are the main noticeable ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Credits~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

___Animation, Concept & script___
* Duskstar (me)

___Audio___
* SharpWind - Audio editing

https://www.youtube.com/user/www111614YxxREEPERSx

* Jory42 - Narrator
https://www.castingcall.club/m/Jory42

* Duskstar (me) - Female voice

On 11/15/2019 at 5:11 AM, CanadianLunaPogi said:

so deep and dark

Yup! A change up to my usual content ?

On 11/14/2019 at 1:27 AM, Phyre Productions said:

That was really fantastic, well made.

Thanks! ^-^
Spent allot of stressful nights making it, glad it's all done and over now! :D

Let me fix the dialogue for you...

Spoiler

Oh look a sign.

Let's take a walk.

Creepy glowing eyes? probably nothing.

Ooo it's a spider!

I wonder what happens if I step on the black thing?

Nevermind, creepy glowing eyes again.

Oh look a guy!

Nevermind, he doesn't exist.

That looks steep...

*Pant pant* I hate stairs. Ooo glowy thing! *walks through*

*wakes up* Oh it was a dream. These are weird pajamas. Where did I even get these?

On 11/25/2019 at 5:23 AM, Glitch Block Studios said:

Let me fix the dialogue for you...

Hide contents

Oh look a sign.

Let's take a walk.

Creepy glowing eyes? probably nothing.

Ooo it's a spider!

I wonder what happens if I step on the black thing?

Nevermind, creepy glowing eyes again.

Oh look a guy!

Nevermind, he doesn't exist.

That looks steep...

*Pant pant* I hate stairs. Ooo glowy thing! *walks through*

*wakes up* Oh it was a dream. These are weird pajamas. Where did I even get these?

summed up, yup! XD