Lookout (Wallpaper)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Heya it's been awhile since I posted a wallpaper. School's been busy and i'm currently in middle of exams and the motivation is kinda getting lost because of that. But I did find a little spark a few days ago and made this.
ZQowCpy.png

Do be sure to leave any feedback in the comments, it'll help.

Good day!

not bad! composition is good, along with posing. personally i feel that the lighting is too saturated to be natural, but that's my preference (tbh reminds me of Firewatch)

1 minute ago, MineWallpaper said:

Ok, enough.

How did you get the high-quality background skies in there? I couldn't.

use a skybox! basically six surfaces arranged into a cube that surrounds the scene. you can find a few textures for skyboxes online and that should give you some nice looking skies

1 minute ago, Kwazedilla said:

not bad! composition is good, along with posing. personally i feel that the lighting is too saturated to be natural, but that's my preference (tbh reminds me of Firewatch)

use a skybox! basically six surfaces arranged into a cube that surrounds the scene. you can find a few textures for skyboxes online and that should give you some nice looking skies

I know skyboxes, but the online textures sucks. Couldn't find any free and high-resolute.

2 minutes ago, MineWallpaper said:

I know skyboxes, but the online textures sucks. Couldn't find any free and high-resolute.

i don't know about that, many of my wallpapers uses a skybox that i found online, and i think they're fine. you can mask low-resolution skyboxes using neat camera tricks like DoF

Just now, Kwazedilla said:

i don't know about that, many of my wallpapers uses a skybox that i found online, and i think they're fine. you can mask low-resolution skyboxes using neat camera tricks like DoF

*twitchs*

Aight I could try, thx for the tip, K!

Pretty sure hands don't work like that... there's no wrist twisting... the fingers are just in the absolute wrong place.

Spoiler

BzzRAGW.png

The initial arm bend (from the elbow) is straight, and the wrist is straight. And these fingers are on the front of the arm.

Besides that, it's a little too saturated and the SSAO is way too high, which creates these things:

Spoiler

lQhJccG.png

9jhqsgA.png

Which are not realistic either. Lower your SSAO power. On most occasions, it should not exceed 110%.

Other than that, posing is great and background is beautiful. Just keep these things in mind.

1 hour ago, Frost* said:

Pretty sure hands don't work like that... there's no wrist twisting... the fingers are just in the absolute wrong place.

Reveal hidden contents

BzzRAGW.png

The initial arm bend (from the elbow) is straight, and the wrist is straight. And these fingers are on the front of the arm.

Besides that, it's a little too saturated and the SSAO is way too high, which creates these things:

Reveal hidden contents

lQhJccG.png

9jhqsgA.png

Which are not realistic either. Lower your SSAO power. On most occasions, it should not exceed 110%.

Other than that, posing is great and background is beautiful. Just keep these things in mind.

i mean, wrists in real life can twist like that, so i'd say that is excusable

as for the saturation, perhaps the sky is just really red? or there's a forest fire going on, which could also explain the heavy SSAO. idk, i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but additional context might be needed to explain why his colors and contrast are so intense

42 minutes ago, Kwazedilla said:

i mean, wrists in real life can twist like that, so i'd say that is excusable

as for the saturation, perhaps the sky is just really red? or there's a forest fire going on, which could also explain the heavy SSAO. idk, i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but additional context might be needed to explain why his colors and contrast are so intense

Wrists can twist that way, but there are no wrists twisting in the rig. It's flat bending, with fingers on the wrong side. Nothing else to it.

I'm not really sure what else to say about the saturation, but maybe if there was fire then it would work. However, when making a wallpaper you need to make it obvious what is happening, as to explain the lighting changes. If fire was visible or explained with words, it would be fine, but none of this is said or shown.

Just now, Frost* said:

Wrists can twist that way, but there are no wrists twisting in the rig. It's flat bending, with fingers on the wrong side. Nothing else to it.

I'm not really sure what else to say about the saturation, but maybe if there was fire then it would work. However, when making a wallpaper you need to make it obvious what is happening, as to explain the lighting changes. If fire was visible or explained with words, it would be fine, but none of this is said or shown.

i agree with both statements; a bent arm would be more realistic, and his use of saturation and ssao could work but he did not provide enough context for them to work