Dev update #17: Rebrand announcement and more!

30 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

Also, Ashley looks like someone created in the MC Bedrock Character Creator...

Just the hair, really. What's good about the character creator is that we can get an idea of how different hairstyles would be depicted while following the art style of the game. I did make some changes to give it more depth, however. :)

It's enough to make a grown man cry, and that's okay.

In all seriousness I'm super pumped that modelbench is only about a month away! I can't wait to see the redesign, I believe that it will breathe some new life into Mine-Imator! I'd like to thank you Nimi for being a great developer and successor to David, and also thanks to Voxy for putting in so much work for this redesign. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Oh, and hi Ashley!

Got a really good idea for MineImator and Modelbench. 

MineImator: How about when animating that the keyframes will automatically will set in the second where "you" are atm. meaning like: If you're on sec 50 and move a bodypart that it automatically makes a keyframe. That is my wish really long ago, since I aint a fan of animating in SFM, C4D or Blender. :)

Modelbench: Maybe the extrusion stuff a little bit like in C4D so its more simple, would be really cool!?

1 hour ago, Azzkin said:

MineImator: How about when animating that the keyframes will automatically will set in the second where "you" are atm. meaning like: If you're on sec 50 and move a bodypart that it automatically makes a keyframe. That is my wish really long ago, since I aint a fan of animating in SFM, C4D or Blender. :)

It literally does this already; if for example the timeline is on frame 50 of the animation and you move any part, a keyframe is automatically created on that frame.

"this new look will be one of the last big things I do for Mine-imator and its brand before I leave as a developer."

My grandfather told me about nobody because he died instantly and i couldn't talk to him

My dad told me about Jordan because he's such a swag

I'll tell my son about Nimi 

unfortunately i might be sterile sike

On 11/9/2019 at 10:42 PM, Nimi said:

G'day, morning, or night everyone. Today I'll be sharing some news that'll affect the Mine-imator 'brand', and news regarding the next updates to Mine-imator and Modelbench.

WIP rebranding

As the title suggests, the Mine-imator brand is currently going through a major rebrand. Voxy and I have had this in mind since early 2017, and was very close to being given to The Community Build if Mine-imator 1.1.0 didn't start development! Since then, Voxy has gradually established a new unique look for the brand and now, we're ready to start rolling it out. Modelbench being the first step, as it served as a good test for trying out what we wanted out of the design changes. (This is why the Modelbench beta looked different from Mine-imator and why promotional images looked unique.) Also, this new look will be one of the last big things I do for Mine-imator and its brand before I leave as a developer. More on what the rebrand entails be revealed in the future. ;)

Modelbench 1.0 /  Mine-imator 1.2.6

For those who don't know, the Modelbench 1.0 "update" is a complete remake that started back in May. It has since been roughly 6 months and due to the cleaner code, it's coming along great! At the moment I'm wrapping up some of the final features (ones returning from the beta and new ones!). Also, the next updates for Mine-imator and Modelbench will contain changes to bending that will allow smoother bends on larger body parts among other new settings to use in models and some improvements to bent 3D planes. (Which may break some current uses of bent 3D planes, though it will vary depending on how they're used.) Should also be worth noting that some models created in future Modelbench versions may not load in Mine-imator versions prior to 1.2.6 due to changes/new features for models.

That is all for now, unfortunately I can't reveal *too* much but rest assured, some big things are coming! And speaking of...

Hide contents

BNiDYGE.png

Say hi to Modelbench's mascot, Ashley!

I wonder what I can make using the new things >:D?unknown.png