Aurora Borealis

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Woah... that's pretty bright.

Well, first of all, the Aurora Borealis does not glow so bright that the color burns in front of other objects... in this case the mountains. You would see it behind the mountains, not it glowing in front of the mountains. So, don't use glow here.

I like the idea, as well as the setup, but it's too vivid. In a normal case, the lights are soft and have a lot of fade.

Spoiler

siaMKrL.jpg

This intense glow also makes it hard to see the mountains, but from what I can see, they have some single shaded faces. If you didn't, use one spotlight for a 'moon' light, and in this case, use a fill light from the other side that is the color of the Aurora Borealis.

I think that's all I have to say for this one, just tone down the glow. 

A... Aurora Borealis?!
At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the forum, localised entirely within your render?

Jokes aside, I can very visibly see that this is stretched Seagrass copy/pasted all over.
For things like this, I recommend ticking "Only render glow". It'll get rid of the harsh lines and stretched/repeating textures, and generally make the whole thing softer. You can then change the glow colour and intensity/falloff to achieve the desired effect!

Edited by __Mine__

2 hours ago, Frost* said:

Woah... that's pretty bright.

Well, first of all, the Aurora Borealis does not glow so bright that the color burns in front of other objects... in this case the mountains. You would see it behind the mountains, not it glowing in front of the mountains. So, don't use glow here.

I like the idea, as well as the setup, but it's too vivid. In a normal case, the lights are soft and have a lot of fade.

Reveal hidden contents

siaMKrL.jpg

This intense glow also makes it hard to see the mountains, but from what I can see, they have some single shaded faces. If you didn't, use one spotlight for a 'moon' light, and in this case, use a fill light from the other side that is the color of the Aurora Borealis.

I think that's all I have to say for this one, just tone down the glow. 

1 hour ago, __Mine__ said:

A... Aurora Borealis?!
At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the forum, localised entirely within your render?

Jokes aside, I can very visibly see that this is stretched Seagrass copy/pasted all over.
For things like this, I recommend ticking "Only render glow". It'll get rid of the harsh lines and stretched/repeating textures, and generally make the whole thing softer. You can then change the glow colour and intensity/falloff to achieve the desired effect!

Y'all are right. Although there are a few where the lights are pretty defined. But my lights are too obnoxious. 

ab.jpg