Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Okay. That's pretty comical.

I like the idea a lot, and the setup works.

However, the fire on the zombie is stretched and low opacity, something that shouldn't be given to fire.

Also, I'd recommend turning down your SSAO. Also, you should try using a spot light for lighting, instead of MI's sun. Just turn the sunlight color to black and position a spot light up near the sun, pointing down at the scene, with high radius and range, and mess around with the color and fade size.

If you do that, you could try turning on bleed light to see how it looks.

Also, I think the DoF is placed in too odd of a place, where there is no point of unfocus. I mean, it was just placed in the middle of the grass. Try turning up your fade size, so that the unfocus isn't so abrupt.

The edge of the map is kinda obvious in this one, try putting some mountains in the background.

Remember to position your characters in the center.

After all that, I can say this was a good and unique concept, with a good idea of execution. The fire glow was on point, as well as the beautiful sky colors, which you mixed well with the fog, sun positioning, and clouds.

I think that's all I have, keep these in mind, and keep practicing!

38 minutes ago, Frost* said:

Okay. That's pretty comical.

I like the idea a lot, and the setup works.

However, the fire on the zombie is stretched and low opacity, something that shouldn't be given to fire.

Also, I'd recommend turning down your SSAO. Also, you should try using a spot light for lighting, instead of MI's sun. Just turn the sunlight color to black and position a spot light up near the sun, pointing down at the scene, with high radius and range, and mess around with the color and fade size.

If you do that, you could try turning on bleed light to see how it looks.

Also, I think the DoF is placed in too odd of a place, where there is no point of unfocus. I mean, it was just placed in the middle of the grass. Try turning up your fade size, so that the unfocus isn't so abrupt.

The edge of the map is kinda obvious in this one, try putting some mountains in the background.

Remember to position your characters in the center.

After all that, I can say this was a good and unique concept, with a good idea of execution. The fire glow was on point, as well as the beautiful sky colors, which you mixed well with the fog, sun positioning, and clouds.

I think that's all I have, keep these in mind, and keep practicing!

Thanks! I see what you mean about the fire. 

1 minute ago, Slime said:

This could work for this wallpaper, but the characters dont always have to be in the center of a wallpaper. What you want to do is use the Rule of Thirds

Yes, I meant the rule of thirds. I guess I didn't say it tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Ethaniel said:

Baby zombies burn too.

They use to not.

13 minutes ago, jakubg1 said:

The wallpaper isn't meant to represent a certain version.

1 hour ago, jakubg1 said:

The wallpaper is a reference to a bug that existed in Minecraft since 1.7.2 all the way up to 1.12.2. The baby zombies did not burn then. The issue was fixed in 1.13.

You just contradicted yourself. 

5 minutes ago, Ethaniel said:

You just contradicted yourself. 

The wallpaper is a reference to a bug that lasted quite a long time, and was mixed with 1.14 style. The wallpaper is not linked with any particular version. It's just a few versions mixed together.

I don't want to start an argument, so I'll stop here.

Edited by jakubg1