[RESULTS] Mine-imator Forums Survey October 2019

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Ethanial
Small children like Ethan
If they have a lot of rep and post mediocre content, they probably don't deserve it. (ethanial)

Really now? It's REALLY sad I have to keep repeating myself but if you have a problem with me, maybe say something to me. How am I going to fix something if Im not aware of what Im doing. Cowards. 

Edited by Ethaniel

2 hours ago, Rollo said:
cc

2 hours ago, Rollo said:

People using the term "cc" or "constructive criticism."

What does this even mean, do y'all really not want feedback? This is stupid sorry 

35 minutes ago, JjCinemas said:

What does this even mean, do y'all really not want feedback? This is stupid sorry 

It's not referring to feedback in general, there's just this weird thing that's developed on here, a phenomenon if you will, simply referred to as "cc"

1 hour ago, Rollo said:

This is unrelated to the survey, but i can't find a good place to write this... so. There should be something called Front-page (like Newgrounds) So well-received animation/high quality creation should be front-paged... I mean... they create animation so they can get attention and criticism... right?

https://www.mineimator.com/showcase

Why would people not want constructive criticism? It is an effective way of growing your knowledge with what you create. Part of why people post on this forum is to get feedback, and you can't just tell them what's good about it. You have to tell them how they can improve.

Anyway, I really liked this survey. Thanks for making it, Rollo!

16 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

It's not referring to feedback in general, there's just this weird thing that's developed on here, a phenomenon if you will, simply referred to as "cc"

Oh wow, an abbreviation, such a tragedy

Christ you people make a fuss out the dumbest stuff

13 minutes ago, JjCinemas said:

Oh wow, an abbreviation, such a tragedy

Christ you people make a fuss out the dumbest stuff

That's not what I said, this is kinda hard to explain unless you keep stumbling upon a bunch of posts about it. But like I did say, it's not just feedback or criticism, that's in no way an issue of course. There's these specific posts that give a huge elitist vibe, that feel like the people posting them think they have some sort of obligation to do so, and they tend to be prefaced by "heres my cc" "ok cc time" or some other variation, which is what's referred to as "cc", it's not an abbreviation for anything in that context. I dunno why your post got downrepped though when you weren't even sure what it meant

On 11/5/2019 at 1:34 PM, tditdatdwt said:

That's not what I said, this is kinda hard to explain unless you keep stumbling upon a bunch of posts about it. But like I did say, it's not just feedback or criticism, that's in no way an issue of course. There's these specific posts that give a huge elitist vibe, that feel like the people posting them think they have some sort of obligation to do so, and they tend to be prefaced by "heres my cc" "ok cc time" or some other variation, which is what's referred to as "cc", it's not an abbreviation for anything in that context. I dunno why your post got downrepped though when you weren't even sure what it meant

I'm not disagreeing with you, but just to sum it up, you're saying people who give "cc" give off an elitist vibe?

Edit: Holy hecc I'm sorry, I literally meant to say I'm not disagreeing with you, typo.

Edited by Frost*

I think this survey does a good job of pointing out what kind of community we have here. Tightly knit folks who freak out when a newbie shows up. I mean I've only seen a few instances, but when a new person posts their first creation it's either a hit and they start well or they get downrepped into oblivion. The extreme cases, yes, it's often the newbies fault for making the situation worse instead of better. Still though, I wholly agree with the figure on how welcoming the forums are.

I just really like that this survey brings to light some of the issues here and I hope it can help us steer towards a better and more likable mindset.

Keep up the good survey work, Rollo!

4 minutes ago, Dr. Nexil said:

I think this survey does a good job of pointing out what kind of community we have here. Tightly knit folks who freak out when a newbie shows up. I mean I've only seen a few instances, but when a new person posts their first creation it's either a hit and they start well or they get downrepped into oblivion. The extreme cases, yes, it's often the newbies fault for making the situation worse instead of better. Still though, I wholly agree with the figure on how welcoming the forums are.

I just really like that this survey brings to light some of the issues here and I hope it can help us steer towards a better and more likable mindset.

Keep up the good survey work, Rollo!

Which is why Ive decided Im gonna start defending new members. 

1 hour ago, Frost* said:

Oh, alright, so literally just don't mention that phrase.

That seems small and unimportant, really.

I was talking about specific types of posts, whether or not they use the phrase is inconsequential, it's just that most of them tend to and that's led to the whole thing being referred to as "cc"

4 minutes ago, tditdatdwt said:

I was talking about specific types of posts, whether or not they use the phrase is inconsequential, it's just that most of them tend to and that's led to the whole thing being referred to as "cc"

Aight, I think I understand now.