Animation Styles Collab Entry (Based on Dragon Quest VIII)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello everyone :D This is my entry for the "Animation Styles Collab" by @PigmanMovie. Based on Dragon Quest VIII, are almost exact to the original game, I really love the style of JRPG games, and I have long wanted to do something with Dragon Quest VIII. Well, here is the result and soon I'll upload a comparison.
I hope you like it. I will take any suggestions to improve with my animations. :I_approve: 

A bit of flaws:

- 0:22 - you select Bolkin Archer C, but Tecno Robot attacks Bolkin Archer B.

- 0:24 - feet clipping. Idk how to solve that either ?

- 0:28 - strange particle movement (gravity? is it intended?)

- On 0:34, the trident seems to clip into the sand. Also there's a visible edge of the scenery.

- The watermark is partially covering the GUI. You could put it on the right side of the screen - there's nothing there.

- I think there's too few facial expressions, especially on the protagonists.

And I wish there would be actual Minecraft RPG games - they could be pretty fun to play.

Nice work! :)

Edited by jakubg1

8 hours ago, jakubg1 said:

A bit of flaws:

- 0:22 - you select Bolkin Archer C, but Tecno Robot attacks Bolkin Archer B.

- 0:24 - feet clipping. Idk how to solve that either ?

- 0:28 - strange particle movement (gravity? is it intended?)

- On 0:34, the trident seems to clip into the sand. Also there's a visible edge of the scenery.

- The watermark is partially covering the GUI. You could put it on the right side of the screen - there's nothing there.

- I think there's too few facial expressions, especially on the protagonists.

And I wish there would be actual Minecraft RPG games - they could be pretty fun to play.

Nice work! :)

- 0:22 - I just checked and it is well selected, I mean, the attacks correspond to the selection.
- 0:24 - The feet are cursed! I must find a way to solve that problem in the future T.T
- 0:28 - When an enemy dies, the particles should appear from where the enemy is to the sky, those particles have an attractor that is an invisible cube above the generator, in that part I forgot to put the cube above the generator.
- 0:34 - In the original game, the movements (including the weapons) cross the floor, walls and even the human body, I could easily make the trident go up to avoid it, but I wanted to keep that touch. and the edge of the scenery...
Edge.jpg
The watermark...im very stupid, sorry for that
Facial expressions are also like this in the game, it works like Sprites and is very common in retro games. In battles he only has 5 faces: Idle (Angry), Intimidate (Scary Face), Damage, Attack (Very rarely seen), Victory (Normal Face)

I don't know if Minecraft Dungeons counts as an RPG, if not, I would also like a classic RPG game. ?

10 hours ago, TecnoGamerJW said:

- 0:22 - I just checked and it is well selected, I mean, the attacks correspond to the selection.
- 0:24 - The feet are cursed! I must find a way to solve that problem in the future T.T
- 0:28 - When an enemy dies, the particles should appear from where the enemy is to the sky, those particles have an attractor that is an invisible cube above the generator, in that part I forgot to put the cube above the generator.
- 0:34 - In the original game, the movements (including the weapons) cross the floor, walls and even the human body, I could easily make the trident go up to avoid it, but I wanted to keep that touch. and the edge of the scenery...

<image removed>

The watermark...im very stupid, sorry for that
Facial expressions are also like this in the game, it works like Sprites and is very common in retro games. In battles he only has 5 faces: Idle (Angry), Intimidate (Scary Face), Damage, Attack (Very rarely seen), Victory (Normal Face)

I don't know if Minecraft Dungeons counts as an RPG, if not, I would also like a classic RPG game. ?

0:22 - Yeah, I didn't notice that you were selecting a C archer to be attacked by Tecno Robot, and the first attacker was Tecno who attacked B.

0:34 - I took a sea as an edge of the scenery, nevermind :P

And MC:D combad isn't turn-based, unfortunately ?