The Quality VS Quantity Collab

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

tjECWWv.png

Hi guys, this collab is hosted by @XanderTheV and I. This collab is based on this video of @SKIBBZ (not really): 

This collab is pretty much about how we hate monster school animations that are of low quality and effort, and all submissions should contain both high quality and low quality things.

THIS COLLAB IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN. We don't know the open date or deadline yet. If you are interested, just join our discord server.

Collab discord:

https://discord.gg/uZ73jF7

The set will be provided, but participants do not have to use it.

Rules by XanderTheV:

Spoiler

So... this collab is about Steve gathering masses of players about cancerously ridiculous amount of low-effort monster schools animation around the Minecraft world. So i need your skin/rigs to put for the intro animation Those who joins the collab follows his order and set off to find monster schools they find, so this means they can visit and attack more than one monster school.

SUBMISSION :

1. The submission animation will start from the sky high... high enough for the fog to completely obscure the clouds. this transition should be fast, so it won't get boring due to slow transition

2. The visuals must be low-quality (bad lighting, and all) when your character is off-camera

3. Your character is animated with effort, everytime he's within camera view, the visuals must be high-quality. You can use audio, including cinematic sound effect (risers, suspense, buildup)

4. Stop the audio before the video ends

5. Your character can enter the school from whatever you want, front door, smashing the ceiling, portal, etc

6. Once your character enters the school, confront herobrine first, then smash everything your own way in full-effort

7. Even when you're smashing everything in the school, only your character is fully-animated, so even when you kick herobrine, mobs, they are still poorly animated.

8. Everything that belongs to monster schools such as mobs, herobrine, equipments, they can only use linear transition

9. The submission animation will end with the camera going into the sky high enough for the fog to completely obscure the clouds

10. NO STEVE!!! He's already taken! 11. The length of the video is at least 30 seconds and caps at 2 minutes max 12. Flatlands allowed! 13. The beginning and the ending transition must be in low-quality mode, which means your character must be off-camera during the transition(edited)

TECHNICAL

1. Since low-quality video uses default background lighting, you will likely tweak the background to high-quality. Copy the projects into two so you can tweak the other one, or use keyframes with "instant" transition, or use your own ways.

2. You will render 2 videos, the high-quality version with full-fledged visuals, and low-quality video with poor-visuals. Those 2 only have visual differences, not animation differences.

3. HIGH QUALITY : Video size : 1080p, Format : MP4, Video Quality : Best, Framerate : 60, With "High Quality Rendering" on

4. LOW QUALITY : Video size : 1080p, Format : MP4, Video Quality : Very low, Framerate : 24, With "High Quality Rendering" off

5. I understand that some of you may not be able to combine both videos into one using video editor, you can send both videos to me and i will combine them into one, but it would be appreciated if you could combine them yourself.

6. About the scenery, would be great if you download it from somewhere or build one yourself for the sake of variance. But here's a link for those who just can't. https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/20959-my-mine-imator-school-schematic/

Provided scenery: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ipbhz7vq0n2oyk/QVQ_MS_Set.zip/file

7. Put the image of your creative watermark at the bottom left corner... if left empty, i will add them using generic text I am sure that some may not get what i just wrote, so just ask the question(edited)

Oh... i will also require your skin/rigs, the one that you used in the submission so i can put them in the intro animation

For more info, visit discord.

In this collab, Xander will do the planning and rules and stuff, and I do the communication.

also @SKIBBZ, if you are reading this and you find it violates your rights, I'm sorry. tell me and we will cancel it.

Edited by MojangYang

Well... started as a status update about crazydek, ended up with anti-monster school idea i want to make alone, then you suggested to be a collab...

Crazy!!! WooowOOOOOoooo......

The synopsis : Steve, who led the movement, gathered masses of players to hunt down every single cringe-monster schools they find, only to see a class with poorly animated environment, their task is to destroy the school and everything within it. Including herobrines and the students.

You know... after this collab... i might... might get a continuation out of this... probably.

9 minutes ago, XanderTheV said:

Well... started as a status update about crazydek, ended up with anti-monster school idea i want to make alone, then you suggested to be a collab...

Actually, I destroyed your dream of making it alone by informing you that skibbz already made one lol, that is when I suggested it to be a collab.

1 hour ago, MojangYang said:

This collab is pretty much about how we hate monster school animations that are of low quality and effort, and all submissions should contain both high quality and low quality things.

THIS COLLAB IS NOT OPEN YET. I'm posting this to ask your opinions on this collab. What do you think? If majority of members like this, XandertheV will post the complete rules and the collab will begin. we don't know the open date or deadline yet. If you are interested, just tell me. I still need to sort out the discord stuff. 

FINE

Edit : can we do more than Monster school? 

Edited by NiSoSiam