icon between trash can and folder in resource tab

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

12 answers to this question

Looks like you're talking about this icon: ?

This button reloads the resource you've selected. For example, if you imported a texture and you decided to edit it, you need to click this button so that Mine-imator can reload the file and show the changes you've made.

If you're not sure what a button does, don't forget you can hold your mouse cursor over it and it'll tell you what it does! :)

1 hour ago, Voxy said:

This button reloads the resource you've selected. For example, if you imported a texture and you decided to edit it, you need to click this button so that Mine-imator can reload the file and show the changes you've made.

If you're not sure what a button does, don't forget you can hold your mouse cursor over it and it'll tell you what it does! :)

I literally didn't even know mine imator had a button like that... god i feel stupid

That's going to make everything so much easier

Edited by Hozq

2 minutes ago, Hozq said:

I literally didn't even know mine imator had a button like that... god i feel stupid

That's going to make everything so much easier

Wait me too, I always saved and reopened the project lmao

1 hour ago, Voxy said:

For some reason this button does not work when I’m editing a resource pack. I have to delete it from the resources and import it again.

22 minutes ago, Gamegirl31 said:

I've tried to reload the resource I've been working on and nothing happens except for a black and purple character, is there something I'm doing wrong?

The texture is missing. You probably moved the texture file to another place and reloaded. Find the texture and load it back into the object.

8 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

The texture is missing. You probably moved the texture file to another place and reloaded. Find the texture and load it back into the object.

They also could have renamed the file. Either way just import it again and it'll probably work from now on

2 hours ago, Gamegirl31 said:

I've tried to reload the resource I've been working on and nothing happens except for a black and purple character, is there something I'm doing wrong?

That button usually never works for me. If you want to reload the texture, I suggest clicking the folder icon near the reload icon to relink the texture.

On 10/22/2019 at 10:41 PM, Gamegirl31 said:

On 10/23/2019 at 12:43 AM, 9redwoods said:

That button usually never works for me. If you want to reload the texture, I suggest clicking the folder icon near the reload icon to relink the texture.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:03 PM, MojangYang said:

For some reason this button does not work when I’m editing a resource pack. I have to delete it from the resources and import it again.

I believe it's because when you import a file, it actually copies it to the project folder. Reloading the resource will actually look for that copy, so you'd need to modify that instead.