Quartz Blocks and related stairs/slabs not visible in import preview window.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello!

I've been keeping quiet about this issue for a while, assuming it's been reported and would be fixed in updates, but never was.

I do a lot of techy rigs and builds, so I use quartz and concrete a lot, however I always have to play Battleship to try and get all of a rig without getting pieces of another one imported.

Basically, Quartz blocks do not show up in my preview window, which makes it fairly difficult. I'm unsure if anyone else has had this issue but I would really like some help.

Edit: Still needing some help, but here's some more information. Slabs and Stairs also do not appear in the preview window, of any type of block. (See images below)

Is there someone I'm supposed to talk to for support about this?

(Note: When importing quartz, stairs and other blocks NOT visible in preview window still do import, but them not being seen in the preview window makes this difficult.)

HF8ayRp.png

(top down view of world, including quartz blocks)

zwV0K4c.png

(import preview window of same world)

Thanks!

Edited by Aiden Lucente
Added images, and further information.

7 minutes ago, Frost* said:

Could you send a screenshot of this problem?

Sure! This is a top-down view of one of my rig worlds.

HF8ayRp.png

And this is the view I get in the import preview window.

No filters are enabled, in fact there isn't even an option to filter Quartz.

You can see wool, smooth stone, and Andesite are seen, but Quartz is completely blank.

zwV0K4c.png

18 minutes ago, Aiden Lucente said:

Sure! This is a top-down view of one of my rig worlds.

And this is the view I get in the import preview window.

No filters are enabled, in fact there isn't even an option to filter Quartz.

You can see wool, smooth stone, and Andesite are seen, but Quartz is completely blank.

Is does this consist of schematics?

Just now, Frost* said:

Can you open it in Minecraft? Also, when importing from world, make sure you select the correct Y on the right of the window.

I build my rigs in MC if that's what you mean...

I do know about the side window for the Y axis, but Quartz blocks still refuse to show in that window as well.

Just now, Aiden Lucente said:

I build my rigs in MC if that's what you mean...

I do know about the side window for the Y axis, but Quartz blocks still refuse to show in that window as well.

Has this schematic ever shown you the quartz blocks?

Just now, Frost* said:

Has this schematic ever shown you the quartz blocks?

Oh you mean like when it's imported?

Yes, when the build is imported all blocks are visible.

It's only in the preview window that I can't see quartz, but since most of my builds consist of Quartz, it makes it hard to only grab the rig I want.

Just now, Aiden Lucente said:

Oh you mean like when it's imported?

Yes, when the build is imported all blocks are visible.

It's only in the preview window that I can't see quartz, but since most of my builds consist of Quartz, it makes it hard to only grab the rig I want.

Ah. I've never heard of this problem, but Nimi will probably look into it. I suggest just guessing in an open area, that's probably all you can do for now.