"Snow Golems" A Christmas Special

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

That was a great animation. Good work with camera transitions and smoothness, character movements looked fluid and normal and a great story. I would suggest putting in some background schematics to fill the blue void of the background. Some snowy mountains, a snowy forest, snowed over house, even an igloo!

Also maybe some festive music quietly playing in the background. Check out the link this site Incompetech. Its royalty free so youtube won't flag it for copyright just make sure to link back to his website in the video description.

And the last suggestion I have is change the color or add some effects on the text credits at the end. Some of them were hard to read when it was black on black. 

But very impressed!

That was a great animation. Good work with camera transitions and smoothness, character movements looked fluid and normal and a great story. I would suggest putting in some background schematics to fill the blue void of the background. Some snowy mountains, a snowy forest, snowed over house, even an igloo!

Also maybe some festive music quietly playing in the background. Check out the link this site Incompetech. Its royalty free so youtube won't flag it for copyright just make sure to link back to his website in the video description.

And the last suggestion I have is change the color or add some effects on the text credits at the end. Some of them were hard to read when it was black on black. 

But very impressed!

Yeah, the text part at the end was a glitch with the video editor. I placed the text outside of the black parts, but it still got there somehow. It should be kind of obvious anyway I guess.

A lot of people don't take advantage of the camera key frame properties tab. There you can slow the tempo down for a specific frame or speed it up without effecting the rest of the animation. I show it in my Running the Camera tutorial on my channel.

Sad but true. I keep seeing videos of very strange and jumpy camera angles. I wish they would improve.

AWESOME

Where you get minecraft sounds?

I pulled out the wind sounds from another video on Youtube. He did give me permission though. I got almost all other sound effects from the Minecraft resources folder. The sound effect at 1:07 was from the Amazing World of Gumball.

I love the video! what program did you use to make the sounds :/ 

I never made the sounds. I pulled all the sounds from either a Youtube video, or I got it from the Minecraft resources folder. If you're wondering the video editor for me to implement the sounds, it's Sony Vegas Pro 10.

I enjoyed it very much... I actually think its better with out music, I'm guessing feeling alone, out in the cold wind was the point.

Yup that's right. I wanted the viewer to get the feelings of the player being alone in a freezing tundra, only to be smashed by a ****** golem. I figured it would be more funny that way.  :lol: