Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

8 minutes ago, MineWallpaper said:

1.BPS related, Frost.

2. It's sooooo difficult finding the right lighting.

3.Crap.

I know lighting can be hard, but this literally looks unrendered. I can't see a single shadow or differently shaded surface in this entire image.

You're dealing with perception problem here. Like how MojangYang got fooled into seeing it as a cliff wall until 2 minutes later. That happened to me too. You need to understand other perspectives, You as a creator would be like "I see this as a castle wall" but other people would be like "I see this as a cliff". Take a good look again and try to become someone else, do you see them the way you as a creator see them? if no... fix the problem.

If you want to be able to deliver something you want to tell everyone, make sure the colors, composition, lighting, are put into consideration. The color of dirt and bricks are almost the same due to lighting. Since the castle is made of stone materials, people might not be able to recognize it as a castle but part of the terrain. The castle might become easier to spot if the render is anti-aliased.

Now... i'm pretty sure people would easily spot the characters, but the one holding the iron sword is the main focus, isn't it? No one would look at the background at first glance because they're not the main focus, and since your castle BLENDS well with the terrain, everyone will see the background but miss out the castle.

Put some lighting on the castle, i had to zoom in to see the dim glowstone.

The wallpaper looks like a movie poster to me though. congratulations.