How can I make long camera paths like this?

chase
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

How can I make long camera paths like this (0:23-1:37) in Mine Imator? I know there are tools like splines in Cinema 4D which makes things like this a lot easier but I can't figure out how this was made so smoothly in Mine Imator. Any ideas would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

My guess is they put the camera in layers of folders, using specific folders to move specific directions. This allows you to keyframe movement directions and rotations separately from each other to make smooth arcs. It also lets you use special transitions for movement without affecting, say, the rotation.

Edit: The video @radhouane2001920019@ shared is what I mean. It's been a common trick for years, I found it through KicksBrickster who no longer uses the forums.

Edited by Rollo

2 minutes ago, Rollo said:

My guess is they put the camera in layers of folders, using specific folders to move specific directions. This allows you to keyframe movement directions and rotations separately from each other to make smooth arcs. It also lets you use special transitions for movement without affecting, say, the rotation.

Edit: The video @radhouane2001920019@ shared is what I mean. It's been a common trick for years, I found it through KicksBrickster who no longer uses the forums.

well..thank you for the mention.

55 minutes ago, radhouane2001920019@ said:

make folders for camera X Y Z and use the real camera just for rotation.sharpwind explained that in the overlapping tutorial so if you didn’t understand me you can check here:

51 minutes ago, radhouane2001920019@ said:

well..thank you for the mention.

Thank you