Gfamleit

Do you guys know how long you have been playing minecraft?

Xbox 360, 2012 was the first time I played, then I got my own Xbox and Minecraft in 2014. I've been playing since. 

Xbox 360 edition 2014 until Xbox one edition 2017,  owned Java since 2015, played Bedrock since July 2017.

Edited by Spontaneous Explosions

My minecraft life was more complicated:

2009: first wanted minecraft. Played an old pe edition on my friends phone. Fell in love with rails and minecarts lol

2015: downloaded fake cracked mcpe that kept crashing and stop working. I know it was the wrong thing to do.

2016: First heard of Java edition. my new friend gave me a cracked version. But soon, I decided that I couldn’t do this anymore and bought a legitimate java account, and I still use it today.

2019: tried bedrock on various platforms. Very annoying. Java FTW!!

yeah I was once a bad boy

2012. I played with my friend on his xbox when ever I came over to hang out. Then I played on the Ipad. Afterwards in 2013, JAVA edition.

Edited by Mineshaft Animation
Typo on year

15 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

2009: first wanted minecraft. Played an old pe edition on my friends phone. Fell in love with rails and minecarts lol

i don't think pocket edition existed at that time, neither rails or minecrafts

1 hour ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

i don't think pocket edition existed at that time, neither rails or minecrafts

I don’t remember exactly what year it was. It’s between 2009 - 2011, I’m sure.

10 minutes ago, MojangYang said:

I don’t remember exactly what year it was. It’s between 2009 - 2011, I’m sure.

pocket edition started existing in 2012 on android and it didn't have much, not even rails

23 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

pocket edition started existing in 2012 on android and it didn't have much, not even rails

this is a case of an r/thathappened

Probably somewhere in the 2012-2014 period. First played it on Pocket Edition. Extremely limited. Eventually got it for an Xbox 360 that was given to my family. I "was going redstone" as how I believe I put it. Now I need to get a new power brick for my 360 and I don't see playing on a small touch screen to be very intuitive.

List of my Minecraft versions:

Pocket Edition

Xbox 360 Edition

Raspberry Pi Edition

Windows 10 Edition

Java Edition

If I had a New 3DS instead of an original XL 3DS I'd probably have it on there too.

Heard about Minecraft approximately 2011 or 2012.

First edition was the MCPE free edition. I cannot find that edition on the AppStore anymore, but I played it during the time it was one of the top free apps.

(Assuming 2012 or somewhere around that time.)

Then I found out about Mineimator when v0.6.2 was the latest version out. Downloaded it from there.

Back In 2011-2013, man those were the fun days. Building a diamond house on a flat world making a herobrine totem hoping that he would spawn and watchin' the cool doods like Sky, Bashur, Bajan, Slamacow and the other doods.

Honestly Minecraft (and NBA 2k11) were the only games I've been playin' to this day, hearing their nostalgic sound tracks keeps bringing me back from the good old days,.

I really don't have an exact answer, But I took interest around 2011, and I think I started playing A year or two later.
Started On an old Macbook Pro I still have lying around today, Moved to A pretty beefy Thinkpad running Windows 7.
Moved to a Windows 8 Craptop and Now I'm on a Dell Inspiron 15 7577.
I Started out on my sister's minecraft world, moved to my own which I Ignorantly and sadly deleted for no reason,
And now I'm doing insane things like sitting for 36 hours on The minecraft nether roof to travel to the world border on an anarchy server,
Or contributing in the buildings of Insane monuments.

With a humble beginning, Your future will be bright. 
Thanks for writing this post and bringing back some fun, cringey and weird memories, 
Sincerely, Connor (JDButter)