Mudslide freight train crash

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I'm pretty sure you're satisfied looking at the train crash that you keep repeating it over and over, well... people needs something to motivate them!
Yeah... me too.

Okay... the water is glitched, especially at 2:33

Next... the pacing felt slow in my opinion, i think turning on camera shake could help.

Last... is the rain effect made out of green screen? because it doesn't follow the motion, you should rotate the green screen depending on the direction of movement. 

Edited by XanderTheV

The vehicles and the chunk of the mud should be less linear. Perhaps making several folders and animating each axis in a separate folder would make it smoother.

The water in the night looks green, that made me think it was grass.

The pose of the driver looks kinda stiff, maybe make the body tilt back along with the arm to actually see the energy put into pulling the throttle down.

The locomotives should emit a vast amount of smoke when throttling up.

The explosion particles when the train derails are kinda out of place, you could either get rid of them or make them more visible.

A nice idea would be to put a rescue train that would pull up the wagons back on the rails in some shots.

You could also make a caption that would perhaps tell us that the driver died and maybe some other informations about the derail.

Overall, it's a good animation!

5 hours ago, jakubg1 said:

The vehicles and the chunk of the mud should be less linear. Perhaps making several folders and animating each axis in a separate folder would make it smoother.

The water in the night looks green, that made me think it was grass.

The pose of the driver looks kinda stiff, maybe make the body tilt back along with the arm to actually see the energy put into pulling the throttle down.

The locomotives should emit a vast amount of smoke when throttling up.

The explosion particles when the train derails are kinda out of place, you could either get rid of them or make them more visible.

A nice idea would be to put a rescue train that would pull up the wagons back on the rails in some shots.

You could also make a caption that would perhaps tell us that the driver died and maybe some other informations about the derail.

Overall, it's a good animation!

I appreciate the feedback, quite new to the whole putting folders to animate individual axis, this was actually the first animation I tried doing that with the camera, but I haven't really though of using it to animate other things. You make some good ideas on what to improve on.

I'm happy you think its a good animation. I know I still got a lot of stuff to work on, but I think I improved a lot from previously and will continue to learn how to animate well :)

Edited by CraftyFoxe