Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

sorry for sounding super harsh but here's the criticism i have with this render (basically, just pointing out what's wrong and some possible solutions):

super strong ssao (you can turn it down in the render settings)

completely conflicting rigs (the detail is completely different, looking at the robot guy and the rest of the scene.)

nonsensical lighting (you could increase sunlight range and make it so it follows camera)

confusing scene

weird opaque dark cloud?

unnecessary light ray (it's too bright and it's not really even supposed to be here)

and a stretched tomb (you could use/make a tomb model quickly)

Just a second....

3 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

sorry for sounding super harsh but here's the criticism i have with this render (basically, just pointing out what's wrong and some possible solutions):

super strong ssao (you can turn it down in the render settings)

completely conflicting rigs (the detail is completely different, looking at the robot guy and the rest of the scene.)

nonsensical lighting (you could increase sunlight range and make it so it follows camera)

confusing scene

weird opaque dark cloud?

unnecessary light ray (it's too bright and it's not really even supposed to be here)

and a stretched tomb (you could use/make a tomb model quickly)

How's now?

8 hours ago, XanderTheV said:

I want to see the image before you improved it... curious to see how it has improved. lol

Done.

Man, the unimproved one is better than the improved one, except the black clouds.

45 minutes ago, MineWallpaper said:

Done.

Man, the unimproved one is better than the improved one, except the black clouds.

I find the black clouds to be intended, since the default cloud is white and you made it dark, are you trying to make it cloudy or something? because the lighting that shines on the robot is looks intended to highlight the robot isn't it? like... the sun just happens to slip through the gaps of the cloudy day.
So basically you discovered a deactivated robot, in the middle of the dark days? isn't it? that's what i catch in the wallpaper...

However, if that black cloud is wrong.

That light ray shining over the robot still makes sense, since it's in the middle of the forest

My suggestion is to add more trees in the background so the light rays would make more sense, i think that's why ralsei criticizes why it shouldn't be there, because the rays shining over the robot is the only thing that is bright, the open area behind the robot is not as bright as the rays, logically... they both should be bright because they came from the sun, right?

Also, you might want to light up the ground directly beneath the robot, don't forget the shadows... well depending on where did you direct the shine.

"Man, the unimproved one is better than the improved one, except the black clouds."

You can take some criticisms, but if there are some that you find to be conflicting with your intention, you have the option to ignore it or take it (explain why, they will understand, probably), unless there are A LOT of people criticizing over the same thing, of course...

The improved one has no anti-aliasing, but it's realistic, yet has less cinematic feel in my opinion.

The unimproved one looks photoshopped (not a bad thing), therefore better image quality, i think it has less saturation... probably... is it?

Also, the SSAO looks strong on the tall grass, turn it down accordingly

Edited by XanderTheV

1 hour ago, XanderTheV said:

I find the black clouds to be intended, since the default cloud is white and you made it dark, are you trying to make it cloudy or something? because the lighting that shines on the robot is looks intended to highlight the robot isn't it? like... the sun just happens to slip through the gaps of the cloudy day.
So basically you discovered a deactivated robot, in the middle of the dark days? isn't it? that's what i catch in the wallpaper...

However, if that black cloud is wrong.

That light ray shining over the robot still makes sense, since it's in the middle of the forest

My suggestion is to add more trees in the background so the light rays would make more sense, i think that's why ralsei criticizes why it shouldn't be there, because the rays shining over the robot is the only thing that is bright, the open area behind the robot is not as bright as the rays, logically... they both should be bright because they came from the sun, right?

Also, you might want to light up the ground directly beneath the robot, don't forget the shadows... well depending on where did you direct the shine.

"Man, the unimproved one is better than the improved one, except the black clouds."

You can take some criticisms, but if there are some that you find to be conflicting with your intention, you have the option to ignore it or take it (explain why, they will understand, probably), unless there are A LOT of people criticizing over the same thing, of course...

The improved one has no anti-aliasing, but it's realistic, yet has less cinematic feel in my opinion.

The unimproved one looks photoshopped (not a bad thing), therefore better image quality, i think it has less saturation... probably... is it?

Also, the SSAO looks strong on the tall grass, turn it down accordingly

Ok. For the forest...tried the roofed forest but is really hard to.

Next wallpaper I will try the same Bastion but in the roofed forest.

10 minutes ago, MineWallpaper said:

Ok. For the forest...tried the roofed forest but is really hard to.

Next wallpaper I will try the same Bastion but in the roofed forest.

Great.

You don't need to find the actual gap for the rays to shine at the robot... because the gap is off-screen, you can make the light go through the leaves.

Just make sure you get the lighting right at the background, if there are gaps... brighten it. @MineWallpaper

Edited by XanderTheV

1 minute ago, XanderTheV said:

Great.

You don't need to find the actual gap for the rays to shine at the robot... because the gap is off-screen, you can make the light go through the leaves

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Ok, I will try.