Mine-imator Mobile?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So I'm getting my PC fixed up,  and I'm stuck on my phone.

I really want to continue making some rigs and stuff, so I thought: "What if there was a mine-imator app?" 

I'd like it on android, but having it on iPhones,  tablets, or iPads would be nice too.

Yes,  I agree that there may be difficulty porting or rebuilding, but it might not be that bad. 

I hope this post can eventually reach HR developers

Let me know what you think,  and maybe send some suggestions for devs on this topic. Thanks, and see ya! 

Can confirm, it probably won't happen. It's possible to convert it, but making the controls work well on a touchscreen, the interface look good on a small screen, and the program run well on a device way weaker than the average computer are completely different beasts to tackle. In the long run it's just not worth it. It's been suggested many times over the years, but the answer is always no. In fact, I think I suggested it a few years ago. It's just too much effort for something that is guaranteed to not work well.

Creating something productive never works well on mobile...

Yes... i knew few mobile media production apps... however, everyone always prefer PC due to hotkeys, which makes work faster.

Media based production software doesn't work well on mobile... adobe has some mobile media production apps, but PC software will always be superior.

Because of hotkeys... hotkeys is something you can't get on mobile.

Except it's 2D animation software, touch drawing is close to hand-drawing, it's good, but still limited. It's still better to use pen-tablet on PC for 2D animation software because of the versatility.

Now... let's say if mine-imator gets mobile, would you use it? pretty sure you would be like... "this is too hard, PC is better." probably you would use it because you're waiting for PC, then scrap that out or maybe uninstall it because your PC is ready mine-imate.

Also... can your phone render the video the same way as PC? well... obviously not, you will end up with worse graphics because... it's a PHONE.

According to all known laws of animation, there is no way that a phone should be able to run Mine-Imator. Its screen is too small to produce a good animation easily. The phone, of course, does not run Mine-Imator anyways.

Nice way to lay out your suggestion, though. I remember seeing one that just said "We want Mine-Imator for phones!"

3 hours ago, HeYoNia said:

Consider these questions before suggesting

-Is it relevant

-Will it be useful to others?

-Is it a want or need?

-Is it worth the time?

-Will people actually use it?

-How will it work?

I will answer

1. It is kind of irrelevant

2. Will be useful for certain people who don’t always have access to their PCs.

3. It’s a want, but pretty much all the new features are wants, they are not needed to produce good animations, but they do make mi better just a tiny bit.

4. Probably not.

5. Yeah.

6. Probably won’t work well on a phone.

so IDK, but the amount of time nimi needs to put in it and the possible outcome probably isn’t worth it.

Edited by MojangYang